We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage in Toronto

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Luggage storage in Toronto

Hi All,

I know this is a frequently asked question, so I will try to keep it brief and not spam too much. We are arriving at Union station tomorrow and would like to leave our luggages somewhere nearby, just for a few hours. Having done some research I understand the options we have (apart from BagAway, which doesn’t appeal to me), but I’d like to check something, as the last such post was from spring this year.

1) Does the Intercontinental Hotel near Union station still keep bags for 3 dollars per piece? I understand this is for non-guests too?

2) IF that does not work, did anyone try the Bay street coach terminal lockers recently? A week ago I had some bad experience in another major city, where most of the lockers were either damaged or without a lock/key, so it would be nice to read some reassuring comments about Toronto’s coach terminal. In any case having to go to Bay street and returning to Union would mean two more bus tickets in vain, so if Intercontinental Hotel does not do it anymore then it would be great if there was something else around Union station.

Thanks,

Aron

19 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,633 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Luggage storage in Toronto

My understanding is that lockers in Canada are not available in any public place because of the 9/11 World Trade Center terrorist event.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
26,060 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Luggage storage in Toronto

There are lockers at the Toronto bus terminal. There have been no comments here in the past year about them being damaged or unusable.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Luggage storage in Toronto

Update: the Intercontinental hotel stores luggages for not 3 but 5 dollars per piece... luckily we found another solution with our host, as otherwise it would have been quite pricey.

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,584 posts
103 reviews
4. Re: Luggage storage in Toronto

Hi Aron;

Did you ever get by the bus terminal to check-out the lockers ?

Best Regards

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Luggage storage in Toronto

There's nothing wrong with the storage lockers at the Bay Street Bus Terminal. I go by them all the time and regularly see people using them. I suppose a few might have issues but there are lots to choose from.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Luggage storage in Toronto

The Chelsea hotel on Gerard st very close to the Bay St bus station will keep luggage for the price of a tip even seen people taking their luggage and not tipping the bell boy. We stayed in the Chelsea but they didn't ask our room number when taking the luggage. They give you a receipt so you can retrieve it. Great service.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
26,060 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Luggage storage in Toronto

Angiem_10 .. storing luggage for guests is a common hotel service in Canada.

Edited: 30 October 2017, 09:46
8. Re: Luggage storage in Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 January 2018, 15:05

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
26,060 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: Luggage storage in Toronto

You're in violation of the guidelines Baggage S ... and it might help if you knew how to spell Yonge Street...

10. Re: Luggage storage in Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2018, 11:29

Reply to: Luggage storage in Toronto
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted