We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto to Waterloo?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rahway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
157 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto to Waterloo?

Does anyone know if there is any bus service from Toronto to Waterloo?

My husband will be in Waterloo on business for a week and I'm thinking of meeting him there for 1/2 the week. But, it's about 1-1/2 hour drive to Waterloo from what we understand, and I'll be arriving late in the evening so I'd prefer he doesn't have to make that trip back and forth. I don't mind jumping on a bus - he'll be able to pick me up and bring me to the hotel.

Thanks!

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto to Waterloo?

They've been around for a long time; they have private car service, or you can do a shuttle bus (bus roughly 1/2 cost). Very reputable, easy to book, services the Cambridge, Kitchener etc area: http://www.airwaystransit.com/index.shtml

Toronto
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto to Waterloo?

Greyhound runs buses to Kitchener, which is very close (5 min drive) to Waterloo. The bus terminal is in downtown Kitchener, at 15 Charles st. west. The buses leave approximately hourly and are reasonably priced.

www.greyhound.ca

Boston
Level Contributor
381 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto to Waterloo?

Greyhound also has bus service to the University of Waterloo, if that's your destination. There's also an airporter shuttle if you're coming from Pearson airport, but it has a limited schedule.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
517 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto to Waterloo?

For another option, VIA rail also runs from union station in Toronto to Kitchener, which is just 5 minutes away from Waterloo. The station is at Weber St. and Victoria St. in downtown Kitchener if you need to mapquest it.

Toronto
Level Contributor
495 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto to Waterloo?

Probably best you take the airways transit, if you're coming in late at night.

It's quite a ways downtown to catch the bus, and the last greyhound bus leaves at 11:30pm downtown, so you'd probably have to wait until the next day if you want to catch the bus.

As for the train, there is no late train (the last train is at 10:10pm), and it's quite a ways downtown as well.

Rahway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
157 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto to Waterloo?

Thanks everyone, great info! The bus/shuttlebus is exactly what I need. Going into Kitchner is an option - my husband has car to pick me up. He's there on business.

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toronto to Waterloo?

You can try

Airways Transit

(Kitchener-Waterloo Division)

Tel: (519) 886-2121

Fax: (519) 886-2141

Operates to: Ayr, Breslau, Cambridge, Dorking, Elmira, Kitchener, Listowel, Millbank, Milverton, New Dundee, New Hamburg, Newton, Phillipsburg, Princeton, St. Jacobs, Waterloo, and Wellesley

Good luck

8. Re: Toronto to Waterloo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 03:16