We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

female solo traveller Toronto

Argentina
2 posts
Save Topic
female solo traveller Toronto

hello Torontians

Greetings from these far lands. I am travelling to TO the last week of June and was wondering if you could give me some tips for proper accommodation. I know TO can be a very expensive city but I thought I might go to St. Michael Residence. Although I would love to go to a B&B I am not sure I could afford those I found very suitable such as The French Connection or Cawtra Square. nevertheless I would truly appreciate any advise from you.

Thank you very much

kind regards

Mariela

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: female solo traveller Toronto

If budget is an issue, consider staying at a hostel. I know that the backpackers hostel at Spadina and King is decent, and they have lockers for you to put away your valuables.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: female solo traveller Toronto

Mariela, the Howard Johnson Yorkville location is showing $129/night for a king bed. Outstanding location, decent hotel. Cawthra Square is specifically marketed to the gay/lesbian community (right on their own website). I actually did a site check there last summer, and if you were going to choose from one of those 3 properties, I'd go to the Gloucester Square sites; I personally thought they were much nicer. The Madison Manor Boutique Hotel is also kind of funky; situated in the heart of the U of T area, it's part of the Madison Pub complex, so there's a lot of university students in the area at night, altho less so in summer.

89 Chestnut is in an amazing location right behind Toronto City Hall. It's a U of T residence in the school year, and rents out like a hotel (which is originally was) in the summer, IF there's space. www.89chestnut.com/accommodation/index.html

Hope that helps!

Argentina
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: female solo traveller Toronto

Guys...

thank you for your quick reply.

I found those places on thise website and wasn´t aware of that detail. Thank you.

I also found another site(Hotwire) in which I can buy a 4 stars ranking hotel for the price of a 2 starts. That could also be a good choice. Are you familiar with them?

PS I think I mispelled it the first one and now I know I should have written torontonians...smiling.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: female solo traveller Toronto

I have many friends who swear by Hotwire. If you have the flexibility to take what you get, then go for it (I never have the cojones to do that, cuz I always travel with my kids, and I don't want to take the chance that where we end up is not really suitable for families).

5. Re: female solo traveller Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 22:17