We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coors Banquet Beer

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
4 posts
Save Topic
Coors Banquet Beer

I love this beer and I am going to toronto in september, do they sell it in the liquor stores.

Thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
70,782 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coors Banquet Beer

Hi madmax1982;

Liquor is sold in government owned and operated outlets known as the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario)

http://www.lcbo.com/entry.html

A quick search doesn't show that they sell Coors Banquet Beer.

Beer is sold at "The Beer Store" aka Brewers Retail.

http://www.thebeerstore.ca/

A quick search doesn't show that they sell Coors Banquet Beer either.

Best Regards

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coors Banquet Beer

Hi Madmax1982,

Coors "Banquet Beer" is most often marketed in Canada by Molson's Canada as "Coors Original" vs "Coors Light"... "Coors Light" is by far a bigger seller (one Canada's top selling beers).

As Molson's is part-owner in Ontario's The Beer Store (Brewers Retail Outlets) I would think that you'd find "Coors Original" there... the LCBO tends to have a much more limited scope of beer, and focuses primarily on imports or specialty beers (such as some of Ontario's small craft brewers).

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Birmingham
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coors Banquet Beer

ok thanks so it looks like I can only get Coors light, oh well!

gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coors Banquet Beer

Rescue Team, generally that's correct. But nowdays the Liquor Store, LCBO, carries a lot of beers. Just searched for beer and got 132 hits.

They carry some of the major brands from Canadian Breweries, but they also have a lot of imported beers.

The "Beer Store" does not carry imported beers. The ones they do have, are brewed here under license.

Birmingham
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Coors Banquet Beer

So does nayone know if it's sold there or not?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coors Banquet Beer

Hi madmax,

I peeked at the Molson's site and under the "Our Brands" tab they show beer bottles on molson.com

(maybe you'd recognize the label because I didn't see Banquet Beer?)

Birmingham
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coors Banquet Beer

It's on the molson coors site so maybe they will sell it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Coors Banquet Beer

Cheers to that:)

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coors Banquet Beer

For the record, the Beer Store does sell imported beers, though of course some stores have a better selection than others.

However, the Beer Store and LCBO websites list only Coors Lite. (Sadly, and embarrassingly, those are the only two retailers licensed to sell beer in Ontario.)

10. Re: Coors Banquet Beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 07:34