We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

Scarborough, ON
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

Hi!

Now that it's almost Fall, can you list out a few scenic drives which may turn out to be photo ops with winding roads and the Fall colors? I am willing to drive out of Toronto for about 2-3 hrs (about 300kms). As long as it is picturesque, I am game.

I would love some places like :

punitsinha.com/img/landscape_fall_colors_041…

…rebeltraders.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11…

atpm.com/13.04/…Fall-Colors-1.jpg

You get the picture...

Please respond with as many places that come to your mind. I am a photography enthusiast and would love to utilize this Fall.

Thanks!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

Hi Shivaji Datta9,

No doubt we could all come up with a list of regions (The Niagara Escarpment, Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge-St Jacobs, The Muskokas, Algonquin Park, The Kawarthas) or even specific drives...

BUT, there are two Websites that do it all... They give the "Foliage Reports" (Colour Progression) but also have ideas for locations and drives, etc.

You'll find that most of Ontario has magnificent scenery and comes alive during the Foliage Season... so there is no "wrong" route per se.

For ideas and suggestions see...

Ontario Fall Colours Progression Report = 400eleven.com/colour-progressing-report.html

Ontario Travel = ontariotravel.net/publications/fallcolourrep…

Ontario Parks Fall Colour Report = http://www.parkreports.com/fall/

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Scarborough, ON
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

Hi Wine-4-2,

Thanks a lot! I was looking for something exactly like this! :)

Regards,

Shivaji

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

Hi Shivaji Datta9,

You are very welcome... you'll want to start watching the Progression Reports from about the 15th of September onwards. When I was out driving on the Weekend we noticed that here in Eastern Ontario and the Ottawa area, a couple (like 1 in 100 = 1%) trees are starting to turn (just their tips / extremities). If our weather is cool enough at night, those numbers will gradually advance. Right now things are unseasonably warm... as we've had such a wet and crappy Summer, I know a lot of folks are hoping that our Fall is warm and nice, and therefore "leaf season" would be a bit later.

As always, only Mother Nature knows what is in store of us.

:-)

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

St.Jacob's, Elmira, Elora and Fergus are picturesque in October- lots of rolling hills.

Also really enjoyed a recent visit to Picton, Bloomfield and other parts of Prince Edward County- would think that is also a nice place to visit in the fall!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,526 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

Hi Shivaji_Datta9;

A nice drive is up Mississauga Rd into Belfountain and then along the Forks of the Credit to Hwy 10, just south of Orangeville.

Best Regards

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

RescueTeam's suggestion is excellent - the winding road down from Belfountain is very scenic (and very popular). Also when you are up there head east from Mississauga Road on Old Baseline Road and check out the Cheltenham Badlands - see http://www.divingmyway.com/badlands.html

and escarpment.org/Travel/…badlands

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
352 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

As others have said, the drive through Belfountain is gorgeous in fall. We do it every year. Another drive that is beautiful is the one up to Georgian Bay through Meaford. It's 2 hours from Mississauga to Meaford.

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
352 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

As others have said, the drive through Belfountain is gorgeous in fall. We do it every year. Another drive that is beautiful is the one up to Georgian Bay through Meaford. It's 2 hours from Mississauga to Meaford. We did that drive last year.

Ontario
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

Just two hours north of Toronto is Grey County, Ontario. Known for its spectacular fall colours and great drives, its a perfect day or weekend trip.

www.visitgrey.ca

Scarborough, ON
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scenic drives out of Toronto - Fall Colors

I went to check out the route along the Forks of Credit Rd... Loved it especially Belfountain... Would definitely go back to see the fall colors.

I will also go to Algonquin (by the way, can it be done in one day?)

Also, thanks for this Grey County tip.. I will visit this place as well. Thanks a lot guys!!