We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto airport lounge

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto airport lounge

I posted queries about the pay as you go lounges at Toronto Pearson some time ago, and, last week, I did use the lounge. Here is some information for others who may be interested, especially if spending 3 hours waiting for a flight. The KLM Lounge is by gate 32 in Terminal 3. The cost to use it is $25 (cash only) and it is not necessary to book ahead except for busy times such as holidays. There are comfortable chairs and tables. Snacks included two kinds of soup, a variety of samosas, packets of biscuits and crackers, fresh fruit. There were two "house" wines, a red and a white as well as a variety of spirits and beers. The fridge held water, juices and soft drinks. All in all, it was money well spent and I'd certainly pay to do it again when traveling economy.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto airport lounge

Thanks for the info. We used one a little like this in Ottawa and liked it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto airport lounge

Unless we post these reviews and comments, others have no idea that there are options. Plastic chairs, active, noisy children ( doing what they ought to do), sneezing and coughing fellow travelers are best avoided before getting on a plane.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
762 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto airport lounge

wow. thanks for teh info, i had NO IDEA about this.

is t his only available for int'l flights? or rather, what terminal is this in, and how do we go about arranging for it?

the only lounge I've really enjoyed has been Porter at TCCA. which is SUCh a nice experience before flying out.

thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto airport lounge

KLM lounge is only for Int'l departures from T3. There is an AA Admirals lounge (and maybe one other - can't remember) in the US departures area of T3. Most lounges will allow you to pay by the day and run $25-$50 for entrance. In T1 there are 3 Maple Leaf Lounges run by Air Canada. Day access runs $30-$55 depending on your fare / destination (aircanada.com/en/…access.html)

If you travel a lot, you may want to consider purchasing a year-long pass to a lounge, especially if you travel one airline most of the time.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,679 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto airport lounge

Plaza Premium Lounge. real food served all day. quiet. T1 and T3, domestic/international/trans-border. Free if you have an AMEX platinum(charge) card.

http://www.plaza-network.com/yyz_en/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto airport lounge

I have used the KLM/Air France lounge in T3 and I have used Air Canada's Maple Leaf lounges in T1. There is NO comparison, the Maple Leaf lounges have much better food and beverages.

I was VERY disappointed in the KLM lounge when we used it last July. The samosa were cold and soggy, the soup had a film on top (YUCK). The staff weren't interested in helping lounge passengers.

I think I will try the Plaza Premium Lounge next time and see what it's like

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,679 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toronto airport lounge

This last time, for a morning cross border departure, I spent 5 minutes at the Maple Leaf lounge and headed right over to PPL and stayed. Maple Leaf is extremely spacious, the only advantage.

Canada
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Toronto airport lounge

I have to admit, I'm a great fan of the Plaza Premium lounges at Toronto Pearson. Great food and beverage selection, comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, free beer, wine and cocktails. I've used 3 of the 5 lounges so far (T1 Domestic, T3 Domesic, T1 International) and all have been very good and worth the price of entry.

VictoriaBC
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toronto airport lounge

Just wondering, what is the price of entry to Plaza Lounge if you don't have an AMEX card? We have a four hour stopover at Pearson coming up!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,679 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toronto airport lounge

$35 plus taxes after 11am. $30 before.