We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants open on Christmas Day?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
476 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants open on Christmas Day?

Hello:

I'm spending Christmas in Toronto this year. My family has decided that we'd give everyone a break from cooking and would like to eat dinner out on Christmas Day. Does anyone know what restaurants would be open for dinner? I know many of the restaurants are open in Chinatown but just wondering about any others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas Day?

The Old Mill is open on Christmas Day. It serves a buffet style turkey dinner (with all the trimmings)and has several sittings. The food is not the best the city has to offer. although it is more than adequate, but the ambience is perfect for this time of the year.

http://www.oldmilltoronto.com/index.php

Another restaurant open Christmas Day, is Victor. It is located on the main floor of the Hotel Le Germain, on Mercer Street. (in the Entertainment District) The food here is very good and the atmosphere is lovely. I would highly recommend it!

germaintoronto.com/en/victorrestaurant.asp

germaintoronto.com/en/victorrestaurant.asp

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas Day?

Hi,

Of course, the venerable Royal York will be open & serving. Christmas is probably the one day of the year we might consider dining at a big hotel- something very traditional about it all.

We'll plant another seed, though. The Royal York also offers "Turkey To Go", a full turkey dinner with all the accompaniments, which you pick up & bring home. Someone else does all the hard work. All you have to do are the dishes & take out the trash. We did it one Thanksgiving & it was great.

fairmont.com/NR/rdonlyres/8377F6E6-A0D5-410E…

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas Day?

Wow...you plant a seed, you get a whole turkey? B&J, I gotta know what kinda compost you're using...LOL

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas Day?

Here is a list of restaurants that are open on Christmas Day from toronto.com ---> www.toronto.com/restaurants/article/599296

(The list of restaurants was compiled for Christmas 2008, so you might want to call the restaurant of choice ahead and doublecheck.)

Toronto
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas Day?

mm great list, but it's dated 2008

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas Day?

That's why I already said in my previous post that if someone picks a restaurant from the 2008 list, they still might want to call the restaurant of choice ahead to doublecheck.

And, by the way, if a restaurant decided to stay open for 08' Christmas, the possibility they'll decide to stay open for 09' Christmas is pretty high.

Cheers. ;)

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas Day?

Opentable is an easy way to find somewhere.

See links.insider.opentable.com/ctt… then play with the time number of people etc - then you can book it through the website. I use it regularly.

8. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2010, 01:17