We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
497 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

Will be traveling to Toronto to see the Yankees vs. Jays next month. Plan to arrive on Monday, see the games Mon and Tues. Also plan to see CN Tower and Hockey Hall of Fame on Tues. Then we head out to Niagara on Wed before coming back to NY.

Where should we stay? Is it best to stay right near Rogers and CN, leaving the car at the hotel the whole time? If we stay outside downtown (i.e. near airport), how easy is it to get where we want to go?

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

Holiday Inn Yorkdale

My brother and his friend always stay there, and take the subway from Yorkdale. Parking is included and its a short walk to Yorkdale subway.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g155001-d1830…

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

The above advice is probably good based on what you said you want to do. Driving into town just means a hassle and expensive parking. Taking the subway in is the way to go in my opinion. You might be back to the hotel before some of the drivers get out of the parking lots down near the game!

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

Anywhere downtown has easy access to rogers centre by either walking or public transit. You do not want to stay at the airport.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
1,046 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

I'd agree with yorkdale for the game but there is not much else out there except a big mall. I'd probably stay downtown so you can walk to the game (or subway) and still be able to walk around Toronto during the day (ie Hockey Hall orf Fame, interesting restaurants, markets, etc), get back to your room if wanted before the game (shower, change). I'd avoid the airport just because Toronto traffic pre and post game can be very frustrating, and again downtown more interesting between games.. But check out cost of parking at hotel downtown, Yorkdale would be cheaper.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
1,046 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

Should have added the subway is easy to use, safe, etc. If you understand NYC subway, Toronto is a piece of cake.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
497 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

How long is the subway ride from Yorkdale to Rogers Centre area? Cost?

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

It takes about 20 minutes to go fom Yokdale subway to Union station. From there you can take the Skywalk (about a 5 -7 minute walk) to the Rogers center. CN Tower is right "next door" to the Rogers center and the Hockey HOF is across the street from Union Station. Subway cash fares are $3 each way, but there are family passes available also.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

Here are a few links:

www3.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Prices/index.jsp

http://www.hhof.com/html/gi100.shtml

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

Hello Chardo,

Personally I would suggest staying in the downtown area. There are many hotels to choose from, in all sorts of price ranges. There are a couple of Marriott hotels, The Suites at One King West, The Hyatt, and The Intercontental to name a few. For more details check out the Toronto Hotels option to the left on this page. And if any hotels appeal to you and you would like more specifics, come back with questions. It is just so much easier and you will be able to take in more of the city, if you are closer to the downtown area.

You can also consider booking through priceline or hotwire. You can get excellent deals at both those sites.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel suggestions for Jays game?

Add 10-15 minutes for the walk from the hotel to Yorkdale subway station (the hotel is on the opposite side of the huge mall from the subway).

I'd also recommend staying downtown -- you're not just coming in one day for the game, and everything you plan to see is down there. Any downtown hotel will be generally more convenient than Yorkdale, so Hotwire/Priceline are good options.