We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

I went a few years ago to a place for breakfast. It was at or near Eaton center and you ordered food from stations. I believe the the price was based on weight. Anyone know the name and if it is still in business?

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

Was it the then Movenpick Marche in the underground mall down in the finance district?

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

It does indeed sound like the Mövenpick Marché, AKA RIchtree Market, and now Marché again -- it just reopened at Brookfield Place at Yonge and Wellington. There was a Mövenpick / Richtree Market in the Eaton Centre as well, but it's closed now for renovations. Apparently when it re-opens, it's going to be fancy.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

Those names don't sound familier but that could be my bad memory. You went inside the eatery to get the food and then you sat in an indoor courtyard surrounded by trees and plants. It felt tropical. There were these beautiful wooden tables to sit at. Does this sound like the place you are speaking of? Unfortunatly I don't know what district it was at because we did a LOT of walking and didn't pay attention.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

Sounds like the Marché in Brookfield Place - one of the most beautiful indoor spaces in the city. Did it look anything like this?

flickr.com/photos/…

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much! Now how do I get there LOL??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

From the Eaton centre, go south on Yonge until you see it on your right hand side.

You might want to call them first to check they are open - they were closed for rennovations last time I went in there, but that was a couple of weeks ago.

Toronto
Level Contributor
340 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

Marche in Brookfield Place is indeed now open, although the permanent outdoor signage has not yet gone up. The signage inside the Galleria in Brookfield Place is there, though.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

Entry is on the west side of Yonge St between Wellington & Front. Or you can enter the Galleria from Bay Street & walk east all the way to near the Yonge Street entry.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

Thank you so much everyone! I can't wait to go again!

10. Re: Name of Eatery in or near Eaton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2011, 02:29