We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porter Airlines

NYC
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Porter Airlines

Anybody fly with Porter Airlines before? I am looking to book a ticket with them from Toronto to Newark (EWR).

Any suggestions would be great.

Danke!

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porter Airlines

If I go to NYC, that's the route I take. I cannot say enough good things about Porter. Wish I could fly everywhere with 'em! They have achieved almost this cult status with people who've flown with them. Just great.

NYC
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Porter Airlines

I had never heard of that airline before and they were offering a $30 discount compared to air canada and have a free checked baggage (23kg). I think I am gonna go for it then.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
990 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porter Airlines

Porter really is a great airline... They're likely only well known in Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa where most of their customers live. You even get a small meal and free alcoholic drink on a short haul flight.

I've heard their great lounge here in Toronto isn't so great anymore now that Air Canada is also flying from the Island airport though. I hope that's not true.

Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Porter Airlines

Great airline. Have flown with them a few times. YOu can't beat the convenience of the location.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,212 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Porter Airlines

We flew Porter last weekend to Montreal. The lounge is a little smaller now, but still has the same great amenities. We would highly recommend them.

Here's a post from last year from our blog which describes our first trip with them:

…blogspot.com/2010/07/fab-week-ends-of-summe…

NYC
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Porter Airlines

Thanks folks. Extremely valuable opinions. I will book with them then. I am getting a $150 with them from Toronto Pearson to EWR.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,818 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Porter Airlines

>>"I am getting a $150 with them from Toronto Pearson to EWR."<<

Hi nikhil_jhawar;

FYI...Porter does NOT fly out of Toronto's Pearson Int'l Airport (YYZ) Porter's operations are based out of Toronto's City Centre Airport (YTZ) located downtown, in the Toronto harbour.

Best Regards

Edited: 01 June 2011, 10:17
NYC
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Porter Airlines

Yes, made an error in writing the wrong airport there.

I will be in Toronto for two days. I am planning a day trip to niagara on one day. And still thinking about things to do on the second day.

Any suggestions?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,818 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Porter Airlines

Hi nikhil_jhawar;

That's good to hear, as it would be terrible if you were to travel out to Pearson for nothing !

The #1 must see is the CN Tower – Over 1800 feet tall, and it has a glass floor !

http://www.cntower.ca

Without knowing your interests, it's difficult to make suggestions / recommendations.

Best Regards

NYC
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Porter Airlines

No particular interests really. We would like to cover all the interesting places in Toronto. We will have a car, so I am open to suggestions.

Also, is it worth to watch the niagara falls in the night? In that case we can do 1 night in Toronto and 1 night by niagara falls.

Danke