We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outdoor water park in Toronto?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Outdoor water park in Toronto?

I've been cruising these forums for a couple of hours and haven't seen an outdoor water park mentioned under things to do in Toronto. When I was a little girl (back int he 70's) there was a cool outdoor water park in what I thought was the Toronto area. It was very cool and I thought of taking my kids there this summer as we tour around the area in June. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,536 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outdoor water park in Toronto?

Hi pajervis;

Three possibilities...

Ontario Place, on the lakeshore, Wild Water Kingdom just northwest of Toronto, and Canada's Wonderland north of the city.

Ontario Place is closed for re-development.

Wild Water Kingdom is located within the City of Brampton, just northwest of Toronto.

http://wildwaterkingdom.com/

There is "Splash Works" at Canada's Wonderland, located north of Toronto, in the City of Vaughan.

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/

I hope that helps.

Best Regards

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outdoor water park in Toronto?

I really appreciate your response but I just looked into all three and I don't think this is what I remember from my childhood. It wasn't an amusement park type place with rollercoasters and rides and it wasn't a water park with lazy rivers and huge slides. It was more of like a city park with water guns that you could squirt at other people and you would just run around getting soaked and when we were all done, I remember standing in these huge drum like things and having air blown on us to dry us. Any ideas? It may not even be in Toronto. We had been up at Cleveland's House in the Muskoka area (I think) and we hit this fun place on our way back home. I do seem to remember it being in a large city (like Toronto) and we live in Cincinnati so I'm guessing it was Toronto b/c we wouldn't have gone towards Montreal or Ottawa. Thanks again.

toronto
Level Contributor
154 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outdoor water park in Toronto?

Sounds like Ontario Place to me but unfortunately it's now closed.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outdoor water park in Toronto?

I just talked to my dad and that is what he thinks it was called. Bummer it is closed. Thanks for the help though....

Toronto
Level Contributor
512 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outdoor water park in Toronto?

wild water kingdom and splash works at wonderland are much better than what was at Ontario Place

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
430 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outdoor water park in Toronto?

If you plan to visit the Toronto zoo, you may want to bring bathing suits and towels if your children are young, as they have a splash park that is a great place to cool off on a hot day. (No swimming or water cannons, just splashing around.)

7. Re: Outdoor water park in Toronto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2013, 05:18