We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near Westin Harbour hotel

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
100 posts
254 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast near Westin Harbour hotel

We are staying here for a week and the price of the breakfast seems expensive, would appreciate any reasonably priced recommendations for breakfast. We will be walking, so please don't recommend anywhere too far out!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near Westin Harbour hotel

I can list three alternatives that are very close and very affordable, though I haven't eaten at any of them.

The high-rise condo building right across the street has a greasy-spoon place in the ground floor called the WaterFront deli. It does all-day breakfasts plus an eclectic menu. On the corner of that building is a grocery store called The Kitchen Table, which would work if all you wanted was muffins, bagels, fruit, etc.

There's also a sandwich place called Treats in the ground level of 20 Bay St, just a block away. It serves cooked breakfasts (eggs, toast, etc.)

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
100 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near Westin Harbour hotel

Thanks for that, its mainly a cooked breakfast that we are after, eggs and bacon, I don't think a bagel would suffice for my husband!

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near Westin Harbour hotel

Cora's on Blue Jay Way at Wellington is good and about a 20 minute walk from your hotel. You may have to wait for a table on weekends. Just north of there at King and John is the O & B Canteen at the base of the TIFF Lightbox.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,168 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near Westin Harbour hotel

I'd give the George Street Diner a try. It's less than a fifteen minute walk, has a bunch of character. Also a good choice would be the Senator Restaurant, if you want to be a little more adventurous, try Lady Marmalade, maybe a twenty minute street car ride.

5. Re: Breakfast near Westin Harbour hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:40