We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in toronto

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in toronto

Hi i ve 2 days in toronto staying at the super 8 downtown motel chinatown. would like to have some suggestions for placs to visit. was going to arrive in the motel at abt 2pm, check in then take the street cars to CN tower, harbour front, and take the ferry from yonge street to toronto island to see the skyline of toronto in the evening.

i still have one full day on the 14th oct. any suggestions on where to go pls?

we have a car but will park it in the underground carpark in the motel.

we are heading to ottawa on the 15th oct for 2 days. i just google the drive and it takes abt 5hr 30 mins via highway, was trying to go via highway 2 as it is more scenic but cant get the map to give me the driving time. can someone help me pls?

thanks very much

regds

ysh

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in toronto

Saturday night at the CN Tower may be jammed packed, you may want to try Sunday Morning or even Sunday night as it will be less busy.....

Chinatown and Kensington Market are great just to explore, since you are already staying there all the better...

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in toronto

Thanks for the tip. Will go Sunday night as I think the night view will be nice. Mayb will book the tickets before I arrive.

Thanks again

Regds ysh

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,650 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in toronto

Driving Hwy 2 will add on anywhere from 1 to 3 hours or even more, especially if you plan to make any stops along the way. You're driving on a two lane highway that snakes its way along the lake, and often becomes the " Main Street" of the small towns it passes through. The good news is that it essentially runs parallel to the main 4 lane Hwy 401, so you can always easily work your way back up to the 401 if you feel the trip is taking too long.

The best place to access Hwy 2 when driving east from Toronto on the 401 is at the town of Port Hope - approximately 1 hour from the city.

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in toronto

Thanks so much I may take highway 2 for a while and if I run out of time will go back to highway 401 then I think it's 416 to Ottawa isn't it.

I just look at the map, there is a lovely drive from Kingston up highway 15 tocarleton place and then highway 7 to Ottawa. I think it will take more than 8 hrs.

Or I could take highway 2 from port hope to Belleville then join the 401 until it meets the 416. Is it worth going on the highway 2 for such a short spell

Pls advise

Ysh

5. Re: 2 days in toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 05:16