We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fruit Picking!!

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TO
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fruit Picking!!

Is now the season for cherry picking? or it's just strawberry?!? I see all the cherries going on sale in all the grocery stores now...so I guess it is the season. If so, anyone got a good place to recomment? I live in south Stouffville!! Thanks a Million!!

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fruit Picking!!

Hello.

I believe the Niagara area would be your best bet.

Try this site for information regarding cherry picking.

Good luck.

niagarapeninsula.com/10wineries/…index.html

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fruit Picking!!

the Cherries are on in Niagara. We drove along highway 8 on Saturday and saw lots of signs for pick-your-own cherries between Vineland and Grimsby. We also saw lots of farmer's stands selling cherries - that was my version of pick-your-own!

Toronto
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fruit Picking!!

Strawberries are over. Raspberries are there and it's a short picking season. Cherries are ready, too.

But since you are in Stouffville, you need not trek all the way to Niagara. Go to the website of the Ontario Berry Growers Association and find a farm that's right for you.

http://www.ontberries.com/

Note: don't buy what's in the supermarkets. It's all foreign.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
313 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fruit Picking!!

Just returned from the Vineland/Welland/Niagara area today. Lots of cherries. You can still pick strawberries in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. I bought lovely cherries at the St. Jacobs (Waterloo) market on the weekend. Sadly though, they have absolutely NO flavour. Very disappointing because they were pretty pricey.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fruit Picking!!

Go to the Stoufville market there are tones of fruit vendors there and many farms right in Stoufiville\

T aka SB

Ps also go to Hullshoff farms on the corner of Bloomington west of Hwy 48. Also the best home made pies I have ever had .

poodleville TO
Level Contributor
674 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fruit Picking!!

There isn't as much local produce in the grocery stores. I'd love to see more.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fruit Picking!!

jasperpoodle....try going to the St.Lawrence Market early Saturday morning.

Best regards.

TO
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fruit Picking!!

cherries picked! thanks everyone for their advice!! now i'm thinking of picking peaches next week..lol

i used to go to school near St.Lawrence Market every saturday...u really have to be there early...by the time i got there at 9:00a.m., people already finished loads of shopping....and i really like their freash pasta! cheers!

TO
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Fruit Picking!!

Hi monmon

Where did u pick the cherries from?

Is it too late now for cherry picking...?

We are planning to visit Niagra this week-end and hoping to pick some cherries as well.

Any help is much appreciated.

Best regards

TO
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fruit Picking!!

cherryavenuefarms.org/PickingSchedule.html

this is where i went! it's the end of the season now, not sure will there be much to pick. i found cherries from this farm is pretty sweet and big. Peaches and apricots are in season now. I'm planning to go there next week to pick some peaches!! This farm is just off Victoria Ave/Vineland, which should be on your way to Niagara Falls (i assume u're in TO) Good luck and have fun!!

Mon