We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What restaurants are open for dinner on Christmas DAY???

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Markham, Ontario
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What restaurants are open for dinner on Christmas DAY???

We don't have any family here and thought we would try going out for dinner on Christmas Day. I have mixed feelings about doing so, but it's something different to try. Anyone know what restaurants are open? Thank you!

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What restaurants are open for dinner on Christmas DAY???

Hello.

My first suggestion would be the Old Mill, but I understand they are totally booked for Christmas Day. Unless you wish to try to be on their cancellation list.

http://www.oldmilltoronto.com/

I know Chez Victor's at Le Germain Hotel still has some dinner openings for Christmas Day, but I would get on it now. Here is the number if you are interested. (416) 883-3431 I have no problem giving it a high recommendation, for both food and ambience. If I was in Toronto this Christmas, it would be my pleasure to dine there at Christmas or any other time.

Another idea would be to perhaps try a few hotel restaurants such as the Westin Harbour Castle, the Marriott at the Eaton's Centre, or the Royal York to name a few.

Good Luck!!!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,367 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What restaurants are open for dinner on Christmas DAY???

The BB33 Brasserie in the Delta Chelsea on Gerrard Street is holding a Christmas Day dinner buffet from 5 to 9 pm, at a cost of $36 per person. We've been there twice for Christmas Day buffets -- in both 2002 and 2003 -- and thought the food quality and variety were excellent. We weren't able to get a reservation for Christmas Day 2004, and wound up going to the buffet at the Courtyard Marriott just up the street at Yonge & Wood instead (that hotel is holding its Christmas Day buffet again this year; I just mentioned a few details about it in a reply to another post in this forum. It is a good buffet, but simply doesn't compare to the Chelsea's in terms of either quality or variety.)

We stopped by the Brasserie just two weeks ago to see if we could reserve a table for this Christmas, and were able to make a booking. At that time, the hostess said the Brasserie was nearly fully booked. It may be sold out by now, but is worth checking into if a great buffet meal interests you.

The adjacent BB33 Bistro is holding a four-course Christmas Day Table d'Hote, for $49 per person. I have no idea what it's like, having never dined there. The phone number for the two BB33 dining rooms is: 416.585.8992.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What restaurants are open for dinner on Christmas DAY???

Try Delta on Hwy7 near 404. They usually have xmas day buffet lunch and dinners. we always go there and its good.

4. Re: What restaurants are open for dinner on Christmas DAY???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 18:16