We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 9 hole golf on the island?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best 9 hole golf on the island?

Hello all,

So my boyfriend decided that he wants to play some golf on our trip to PEI in July that keeps getting longer! (started at 6 days, now going to stay 10!)

We are by no means professionals and do not want to do an entire 18 hole course. We are looking for a unique course that has some gorgeous views that offer 9-hole golfing at a reasonable price!

I know there are tons of other posts, and I know I can look it up on the internet/order the guide books. I have done and read all that, but require some straight up answers and some reviews!

Thank you for your time!

Happy Travels!

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best 9 hole golf on the island?

Hello again stranger lol. One of my favourite 9 hole golf courses is Red Sands. It isn't a course that will be a big challenge to the seasoned golfer but if you or him only place once and a while it will be perfect for you. Lots of great views of rolling hills and the staff are very friendly. Also lots of others who aren't pro golfers so you wouldn't feel out of place. I can tell you some golfers at the upper crust courses are just downright snobby and rude. We tried playing an 18 hole course a couple summers ago and I am a pretty good golfer but my g/f just plays for fun and it terrible but still has a great time. One of the staff members harrassed us for about 3 holes about playing faster even when we said faster players could play through and it completely ruined our time so we packed it in after the first nine and you better believe I got every cent of our money back and a few choice words for that employee. That is really not typical behaviour but it is something you don't even have to worry about at a 9 hole because they tend to be for people who are just there to have fun and learn the game. Here's the link to Red Sands http://www.golfredsands.com/

Belfast highland Greens is also a good option http://www.peisland.com/goto/site/39/peigolf, and also Countryview is my second favourite 9 hole course as it is close to Charlottetown and well maintained http://www.countryviewgolf.com/. You really can't go wrong with either of those three.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best 9 hole golf on the island?

Thank so much! I was debating on red sands and eagles view (that bridge looks awesome!) so you suggest red sands...great! I have to say...if my vacation goes well it'll be in a good part due to your suggestions (both on my threads and those of others!) thank you thank you thank you! :)

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best 9 hole golf on the island?

No worries, glad to help out. Eagles View is also a great course to consider and has some very good specials on certain days, I am just a big fan of Red Sands and have been playing there since it opened. Most island golf courses offer good scenery, pretty hard not to not that I'm bragging about this island :) Cheers

PEI
Level Contributor
528 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best 9 hole golf on the island?

As an avid golfer I would reccommend the 9 at Belfast Highland in the morning and then go down the road and do the 9 at Eagles View after lunch. This would be an awsome 18 holes-Belfast offers outstanding scenery and the bridge at eagles tells it all.

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
285 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best 9 hole golf on the island?

Hi there, My favorite course for 9 holes is Red Sands, its always in great shape! My second fave for the views is Belfast Highland Greens. Never golfed Eagles view so can't comment. Have a great vacation!

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
19 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best 9 hole golf on the island?

Play the first 9 holes at Glasgow Hills and the a meal at the clubhouse - the course is absolutely splendid and the views across the North Shore are the best!

7. Re: Best 9 hole golf on the island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:42