We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

Which Charlottetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Paul, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

We are visiting down east from June 1 to June 18, renting a motorhome. What are the MUST see, want to experience good food, history, music and the beautiful scenery. Any tips would be helpful as we want to experience as much as possible When to most of the tourist information places open.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

For an overview of the Maritimes you can check www.drivecrosscountry.net/RouteM1 prepared by an RVer who has visited the area several times. This is a great time to visit the area - nice weather and before the crowds.

The provincial campgrounds are all quite satisfactory and often in waterfront locations. Take time to meet the "locals" and get ideas from them as you go along.

St. Paul, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

Thank you so much, I clicked on the link you suggested and found a lot of good information.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

My shortlist:

Fundy National Park, NB

Halifax & Peggy's Cove, NS

Cape Breton Highlands National Park/Cabot Trail, NS

Stanhope/Blooming Point Beaches, PEI

Food in Halifax: A Mano, Chives, Brooklyn Warehouse, Bicycle Thief

NB Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

I concur with the suggestion to be sure to visit Fundy National Park, a real gem in the National Park system. (be sure to try the famous 'sticky buns' at the small bakery in Alma. )

While in the region, I would suggest planning a visit to Hopewell Rocks, both at high tide and low tide (you need to check the tide charts which are available on the website). We have taken guests from all over the world to this attraction and they have always been blown away. The full impact, tho, is really only achieved by visiting it when you can walk on the ocean floor and coming back when it is all under 50 ft of water! You can kayak through the rock stacks as well if that interests you. Enjoy your visit. (pack a light fleece...it can be cold in the Maritimes in June!) Here is the link.

http://www.thehopewellrocks.ca/

NB Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

I concur with the suggestion to be sure to visit Fundy National Park, a real gem in the National Park system. (be sure to try the famous 'sticky buns' at the small bakery in Alma. )

While in the region, I would suggest planning a visit to Hopewell Rocks, both at high tide and low tide (you need to check the tide charts which are available on the website). We have taken guests from all over the world to this attraction and they have always been blown away. The full impact, tho, is really only achieved by visiting it when you can walk on the ocean floor and coming back when it is all under 50 ft of water! You can kayak through the rock stacks as well if that interests you. Enjoy your visit. (pack a light fleece...it can be cold in the Maritimes in June!) Here is the link.

http://www.thehopewellrocks.ca/

Ontario
Level Contributor
664 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

We too are travelling to these areas June 24-July 4th. We however, are driving the whole trip from St. Thomas Ontario. Does anyone know a nice B&B near Hopewell Rocks? Also, do some B&B's have laundry facilities. There are 4 of us travelling in 1 vehicle and thought if we could do laundry along the way it would save some space? If not, I guess we'll find a laundromat for an hour or so.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

http://www.innisfreebandb.com/

This b&b says it is within walking distance of Hopewell Rocks and it seems to get great reviews on Trip Advisor. I would contact them regarding laundry facilities. I know there is a b&b in Saint John NB that allows its guests to use the laundry when the inn is finished. Perhaps, these folks will too.

Ontario
Level Contributor
664 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

Hi K.C. Thanks for the info. I did email them and yes they do allow guests to use their laundry facilities. Looks like a great place.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

Great! Look forward to hearing all about your trip!

Ontario
Level Contributor
664 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the must see in PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

I am sooo excited about this trip. We've been out west a few times, but this is my first East. Just too bad we don't have time to go to Newfoundland. But non the less, I think this is going to be a trip to remember!!!! If there is anything else anyone can thing of must to dos please let me know. Thanks! :)