We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Quebec City

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
149 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Quebec City

My husband and I will be spending 7 days in Quebec City in mid September and will not have a car. We like to walk, explore an area, and have time to enjoy our surroundings. We are considering the following day trips. What would you recommend?

1—Montmorency Falls using Metrobus 800.

2—One-half day trip with Tours Vieux Quebec to Montmorency Falls, Anne de Beaupré, and Isle of Orleans

3—Train de Charlevoix, round trip from Quebec to Baie-Saint-Paul

4—Trois Rivieres by bus

5 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Quebec City

Number 2

Maine
Level Contributor
155 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Quebec City

We took Metrobus 800 to Montmorency Falls last September and it was a good experience. I'd recommend doing it. The bus takes you through neighborhoods that you probably wouldn't visit otherwise - nice to get a glimpse of life outside of the tourist areas.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Quebec City

No.2 is good but you'll want to spend more time at Montmorency falls. Just came back from Quebec City, but unlike you, I had very little time. So I compressed St. Anne and Montmorency in one day. Took the Intercar bus to St. Anne in the morning, stayed for a French mass and walked the station of the cross beside St. Anne basilica. In the afternoon, took a cab to the bottom of Montmorency ($45 incl tip- I found 3 other people to share the cab so the split came at a little over 10 each), climbed the steps to the top of the falls and took the 800 back to old quebec. Hope this helps.

cavan
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Quebec City

Please is there a cruise to Grosse ile from Old Port, or a bus to Berhier sur mer ??

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
149 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Quebec City

Thanks to all of you for your comments. I was especially glad to hear benefits of Metrobus 800.

Reply to: Day trips from Quebec City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Quebec City
Recent Conversations