We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Quebec City

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Quebec City

My husband and I will be spending 7 days in Quebec City in mid September and will not have a car. We like to walk, explore an area, and have time to enjoy our surroundings. We are considering the following day trips. What would you recommend?

1—Montmorency Falls using Metrobus 800.

2—One-half day trip with Tours Vieux Quebec to Montmorency Falls, Anne de Beaupré, and Isle of Orleans

3—Train de Charlevoix, round trip from Quebec to Baie-Saint-Paul

4—Trois Rivieres by bus

Mentioned in this post
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
Hotel Quebec Inn
Hotel Quebec Inn
241 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Trois-Rivieres
Trois-Rivieres
Quebec, Canada
5 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,068 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Quebec City

Number 2

Maine
Level Contributor
178 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Quebec City

We took Metrobus 800 to Montmorency Falls last September and it was a good experience. I'd recommend doing it. The bus takes you through neighborhoods that you probably wouldn't visit otherwise - nice to get a glimpse of life outside of the tourist areas.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Quebec City

No.2 is good but you'll want to spend more time at Montmorency falls. Just came back from Quebec City, but unlike you, I had very little time. So I compressed St. Anne and Montmorency in one day. Took the Intercar bus to St. Anne in the morning, stayed for a French mass and walked the station of the cross beside St. Anne basilica. In the afternoon, took a cab to the bottom of Montmorency ($45 incl tip- I found 3 other people to share the cab so the split came at a little over 10 each), climbed the steps to the top of the falls and took the 800 back to old quebec. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
cavan
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Quebec City

Please is there a cruise to Grosse ile from Old Port, or a bus to Berhier sur mer ??

Mentioned in this post
Grosse Ile
Grosse Ile
50 Reviews
L'Isle-aux-Grues, Canada
Old Port
Old Port
791 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips from Quebec City

Thanks to all of you for your comments. I was especially glad to hear benefits of Metrobus 800.

Reply to: Day trips from Quebec City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted