We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sights not to miss in 3 day visit

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sights not to miss in 3 day visit

Visiting old Quebec 3days 4nights. Senior citizens first visit. Sights not to miss. Restaurant suggestions.

7 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,844 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sights not to miss in 3 day visit

Top Questions - right-hand side of page (not viewable on mobile)

Things to Do & restaurant tabs - top of page.

Gujarat, India
Level Contributor
193 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sights not to miss in 3 day visit

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g15503…

do check out this thread..

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,430 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sights not to miss in 3 day visit

Marie C you are new to these forums so I will suggest that you go to your page and update where you are coming from, this help us a lot to make more precise suggestions.

Yeshamehta thread suggestion is very good, I will just stress two activities that I want to highlight.

Ferry to Lévis, very spectacular views

Le Parlementaire restaurant. That is if you are in town during a working day as it is closed during week-end. Serves lunch only, lots of local products, moderate prices and the setting in a Beaux-Arts style room is quite impressive.

While there you could also try to book a tour of the parliament (Assemblée Nationale) building.

Now a few more suggestions. If you want to know more about history the Musée de la Civilisation has 3 separate museums to visit. You can buy single or combo tickets for more than one Museum. The main museum in Lower Town has permanent exhibits about our history but also some temporary ones dealing, sometimes very quirky, with different anthropological matters. Musée de la Place Royale to know more about this square and Québec City history but it seems that it will close on Sept 4. Finally Musée de l'Amérique Francophone is located in Upper Town in the old seminary, lors of things to visit about the history of the French in North America but could be skipped if you are not really the museum type of people.

If you want to see the city from high above you can go to Observatiore de la Capitale in a government high rise building behind the Assemblée Nationale or, what I really like, go to have a drink at Ciel the rotating restaurant of the Concorde hotel; very nice at sunset.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
15,182 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sights not to miss in 3 day visit

The sites to visit is based not on being a senior but how mobile you are and how many kilometres you can walk in a day as you really need to walk to get to the viewpoints. There are lots of benches around which helps and then you have the funicular between the Upper and Lower town which avoids the stairs. www.funiculaire-quebec.com/en/Accueil.htm

Location of hotel is also a factor on how much can get done in a day unless you want to learn how to use the buses.

Gujarat, India
Level Contributor
193 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sights not to miss in 3 day visit

Thank You rickb.

I figured since the OP hasn't given much w.r.t her interests, she can start out with the post which matches hers.

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
28 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sights not to miss in 3 day visit

I saw your reply and wanted to ask which hotels you would recommend that would require the least amount of walking to the must see sights in Old Quebec? Is there a street that would be preferred to have a hotel on for this reason? Thanks for any assistance!

MA
Level Contributor
30 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sights not to miss in 3 day visit

We just returned from our first visit to Quebec City and loved every minute of it. We stayed at the Hotel du Vieux Quebec which we loved. Excellent customer service, impeccably clean and walking distance to all the sites we wanted to see. The Chateau Frontenac is in the thick of the action but was out of our price range.

You mentioned you are seniors. We were surprised how hilly Old Quebec is! You will certainly want to visit the both the lower and upper city areas. The funicular can help get you up and down at $3 a ride (I think).

If you are going soon, there are fireworks every Wednesday and Saturday. We also went to an excellent free performance similar to Cirque de Soleil--also not to miss if still running when you are there. In addition, we enjoyed the changing of the guard at 10 am at the Citadel and a drive out to Montmorency Falls. We ate at Les Cafes du Julie near the falls. Excellent sandwiches tho somewhat limited menu and English. Still, highly recommended.

Enjoy your stay! It really is spectacular!

Reply to: Sights not to miss in 3 day visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted