We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Quebec City B&B's

PEI
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Old Quebec City B&B's

Looking for the perfect (romantic) B&B in Upper Town. I love the old world charm, but also like cleanliness. I would love someplace with my own private balcony. I'm on a bit of a budget but would still like someplace nice. Travelling in June..any suggestions Please. I have looked at the Castle and the Gite on here, they look quaint and something along my line. Has anyone ever stayed at these two??

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,712 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Quebec City B&B's

There are 3 nice places near the Chateau Frontenac that I can recommend.

First, for a balcony with a beautiful view of the St. Lawrence and surrounding area there is Chateau del la Terressa Dufferin. Not all rooms have balconies but they are very nice.

Another 2 places close are Maison du Fort, and Manoir Sur-le Cap. I believe the Manoir may also have a room or 2 with a balcony.

www.hotelmaisondufort.com

www.manoir-sur-le-cap.com

Hope this helps.

Enjoy!!

JDP

2. Re: Old Quebec City B&B's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 January 2011, 02:35
PEI
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Quebec City B&B's

Thanks I will check these out. Is there any place special you would suggest staying in Lwr Town, I would like to be right in the heart of things if possible.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Quebec City B&B's

I would suggest J.A. Moisan, it is in upper town but outside the walls in the Quartier Saint-Jean. On the first floor you will find the oldest general store still in business in North-America and the 2 upper floors used to be the appartment of the Moisan family and is now converted in a great B&B with many common spaces.

To Oldquebec: you own Maison Ursulines and you also know that I just love the spot but there are rules on these forums against advertisement and you missed a big one here by not stating your ownership right away.

Back to NeenaPei, you definitely want to be in Upper Town to be where the action is. I mentioned that J.A. Moisanis located outside of the walls but it is only a 5 minutes walk to reach Saint-Jean gate and it is a lively neighbourhood all the way along Saint-Jean st.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,607 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Quebec City B&B's

Maison Uruslines, you seem to keep promoting your apartment here. I know you have been told of this more than once.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,712 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Quebec City B&B's

NeenaPei, while Lower Town does have a couple of nice boutique hotels, the Dominion being a good one, as is the Auberge St. Antoine, Upper town is more in the heart of things than Lower town, though Lower Town has the better smaller cafes IMHO, and of course Petit Champlain. Upper Town also has the B & B's you are looking for.

JDP

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Quebec City B&B's

In Lower Town, Auberge St-Pierre http://www.auberge.qc.ca/en/index.aspx might suit your taste, if not your budget - which you did not mention. Auberge St-Antoine has some rooms with balconies. Very nice and pricey hotel http://www.saint-antoine.com/

You mention that you had a "look at the Castle and the Gîte on here". I take it that you meant Château Frontenac ("castle") but 'Gîte' means B&B. Which one did you mean ?

I second the suggestion of Hôtel de la Terrasse Dufferin www.terrassedufferin.com/eng/index.html .

Edit to add Palace Royal in Upper Town. Top location, a stone throw from the western wall. They have indoor balconies overlooking the pool www.hotelsjaro.com/palaceroyal/index-en.aspx

Edited: 13 January 2011, 02:01
PEI
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Quebec City B&B's

I meant, Castel D'Amerique and Gite de Paris, which I believe are not exactly in the heart of things. I am also taking some advice on here and have decided that I would prefer upper town. It will probably be my only visit to Old Quebec so I really would like for it to be memorable.

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Quebec City B&B's

With a balcony in Upper Town would also consider Auberge Place d'Armes, romantic with stone or brick walls...

PEI
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Quebec City B&B's

The Auberge does look nice, but a bit more pricey than the Castel d' Amerique and Gite de Paris, unforunately I do not have a large budget. I'm thinking of going in June so I believe this is considered high season.

Get answers to your questions about Quebec City