We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,863 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

I took my four teen students to see both the cirque and the Image MIll shows this weekend. I bought vip tickets to them both and at both places we had actual seats.

At cirque they were bar stools at a bar type leaning spot and they were tiered. We had a pretty awesome view for our $15. The show was about an hour long and was amazing, lots of wonderful acts interspersed with the typical Cirque mime, music and dance. All of us loved it. The free line up was MASSIVE and it seemed that it was a challenge to see in some areas.

Onto the Image MIll, the seats did not have such a good view, not tiered, you simply had the head of the people in front in the way. I cannot see 3D, so I thought the whole blurry thing was awful. But the teens thought it was hard to see even with good vision. They found there was no story and and the show was long and tedious and was maybe just too artsey for it's own good. I had to agree. We left after 30 minutes, would've gone earlier but we kept wanting it to get better. Lots of people were leaving with us!

Just to note, I took the girls to see Mosaika, in Ottawa, at the Parliament last week and they loved that and commented that it is so much better than the Image Mill.

Our weekend was very, very hot. We saw some awesome street performers and enjoyed the pedestrianisation of Rue St Jean. Ate a pizzaria D'Youvile, using deal of the day coupns, had a great meal for five, very good pizza and air conditioning!!!

The Chateau Frontenac is indeed undergoing some serious construction work which does marr the drive up,. arrival, as they have scaffolding and green painted plywood up in front. Inside nothng seems to be affected, but it does change the whole look.

The Terrassse Dufferin was back to normal, which was a great thing for me.

New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

I second this. I couldn't believe how great the Cirque show was (and for free). Probably it is even better in the paid seats where you can see everything.

I also could not believe how boring the Image Mill show was. I stayed for the whole thing, thinking that I want to give it a chance, but no; it's just poorly executed.

They are referred to in the same way, making me think they were of the same caliber. Not so. One is world class; one not so much.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,863 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

As one of my girls said, "that's 30 minutes of my life I'm never getting back!

You can also see the Image Mill very well from the bottom of Rue St Famille and Rue des Ramparts for free, with a place to sit and a nice breeze. We handed the folk sitting there our 3D glasses on the way back uphill!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

We'll definitely go to Cirque! I'm short and want to be able to see, so the VIP tickets sound like the way to go.

Can they be purchased for that day or is it best to order on-line before we go?

Thanks to the people who have written reviews.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

I am booked at the Hotel Champlain for my stay. I called them and requested they get me the VIP admission to the Cirque. They have told me that such a ticket cannot be purchased. Could you tell me how you did it so that I may share it with them?

Thank you very much.

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

Hi Cmcfong,

Just called them... for you at their 1-800 number to see because a friend of mine had booked tickets with them.. maybe just not the right person did give you the answer. It is by Billetech and was add to their bill. Send them a mail. Or by them directly by Billetech

billetech.com/browse/…

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,863 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

Yes they can be purchased on site. At the back on the left is a white, small pointy roofed booth, with Billeterie written on it. The tickets are sold there for $15. This is also where you exchange the Billtech vouchers for tickets.

The VIP seating is as you come, so it does pay to be in that line early too.

We purchased ours ahead through Billtech, you can search by date and city on their site.

There are two acts that are better seen from lower in the VIP seating section.

Also there is an area right at the front for disabled visitors, I understand that you can ask at the booth about access.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

Thank you both so much. That is most helpful.

Best wishes and thank you for the information.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

whitestoneny, your call seems to have alerted the front desk to some confusion among staff. Thank you very much.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

Bogwoppit: Thank you so very much for posting about your experience. I know there had been so many questions on this forum early on about what the VIP seating actually consisted of for C du S. Bleacher? Standing only? So thanks for that. I would definitely pay the the $15 for that. We have gone two years in a row and stood. It's a long wait to get in and a long time standing waiting for the show to begin, then standing for another hour or longer. I agree, the C du S show is magnificent, even enchanting on a warm summer's eve. Tell me, are the 3D glasses the old red/blue cardboard thingamajigs? Probably. That's too bad about Image Mill because we quite enjoyed it last year (even with our 17 yr old son) . Mind you, we don't know a whole lot about Quebec history, so that part went over our heads. Sorry.

D in Muskoka.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Image MIll and Cirque thoughts and a tiny TR

Hey Bogwoppit - sorry I did not run in to you - I also just returned this evening - you are not kidding when you said it was a HOT weekend :)

We did not make it to the Image Mill show - and from the sound of it I'm not too upset. We did see a little bit of it on Saturday night from the boat cruise when we were returning from the fireworks.

I was really happy to hear that your girls thought the Ottawa Mosaika show was good :) we think so too.

I too will post a trip report soon.

Sorry now that we did not get to the Cirque show.

At least now I know how to get tickets :)

Thanks Bogwoppit