We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

USA
Level Contributor
131 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

My husband and I will be visiting Quebec City in June and are looking at rentals. Timesharingquebec.com has several rentals available in the same building for a reasonable price, but I don't see any reviews on them and that makes me a little leary. Has anyone stayed there or know anything about them? Is says they are located on the cliff and are in the heart of Old Quebec. So I assume that means they are in upper town? Thanks for any help you can give. Tricia

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

Honestly I would not rent with them. The location is on a steep hill always have to go up or down yes it is not far but not convenient, poor neighborhood many drugs dealers, even if Quebec is a real safe city I would avoid.

No grocery nearby no small cafe, just 2 ethnic restaurants. Would search again!

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

Go on the french website, Quebec en photo, click and you will see on the second row first picture at your left that is the hill where it is located.

A heavy loaded traffic street

USA
Level Contributor
131 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

Thank you for the info. We will not be staying there. Do you have any recommendations for lodging in June, for around $100 per night. We are able and willing to walk. Would like a private room, ( the hostel does not have a private room for our dates). A B&B, small hotel or rental would be fine. Safe, quiet and friendly are the main requirements. I know our budget is modest, and though I have done a lot of searching, I feel I must be missing some gem out there. Thanks for your help Tricia

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

At that price, on rue Ste-Anne there is a little 2 stars which have mixed reviews but I have some friends that went there and it is really ok. Hotel Jardin Ste-Anne

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155033-d155611…

Their location is great, just beside Hotel Champlain on a safe and nice street walking distance of everything.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,922 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

http://www.vrbo.com/360488 Fits your budget and is in a great location.

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

Do you know Bogwoppit if that condo is legal to rent? Meaning have is accreditation by CITQ?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,922 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

I didn't check. The only way is to email the owner, get the actual address and then check the list.

$100 a night is a very small budget at any time of year in QC.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,027 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

Hi TriBil;

Just to add to my esteemed colleague bogwoppit's comment in reply #7, above...

Not only is $100/night rather small for accommodations in QC, you will need to add on taxes to that figure.

5% Federal Goods & Sevices tax (GST)

+

7.5% Provincial Sales tax (PST)

$100 + GST + PST = $112.50/night

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g153339-c1391/Canada:T…

Best Regards

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,922 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

TriBil have you actually called the hostel. Sometimes they will book rooms for 3 people for a couple for the two bed price. They speak great English there and are always keen to help.

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does anyone have any knowledge of timesharingquebec.com?

Went on the website of Jardin Ste-Anne rooms starts at 99$ per night with a fridge in the room. If you book by phone or mail ask, if you book for 2 or 3 days, for a discount, all hotels will say yes because they won't pay the commission for a third party booking.