We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to visit

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
346 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
best time to visit

I am planning a surprise visit to Quebec with my wife and would like to know which time would be best. I am looking from mid September through early November. We live in Norther Wisconsin, so we are not afraid of cold weather. Also, what type of weather can we expect.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best time to visit

How long a stay ? Main interests ? Will you have a car ? Interested in seeing the city only, or would like to explore around (nature, landscape, etc) ?

I would advise you to come at the end of September, if you are interested to see the spectacular change in the tree foliage, best seen a bit outside the town (a 10 miles drive, preferably on the south shore of the river, would allow you to see much more than in the city itself). Usually, the best time for it is the last week of September, and the 1st week in October. It could start earlier, it will finish later than that, but these 2 weeks are normally interesting in this aspect.

In early October, when there are not much colorful leaves left in the trees and when the weather is becoming ... quite cooler, we see more than 150,000 migrating snowy geese, stopping in Cap Tourmente (north shore of the river, very close to the city itself) on their way to the south for winter. Unfortunately, it is quite hard to predict exactly when they are going to come ,,,

See: jupiter.grics.qc.ca/saqca/sc_hum/page_12.html

and : …orange.fr/collekinsectes/…IMG_0403.jpg

and: www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1861041

September sees a slight decrease in the number of tourists, and October is really quiet. Forget November, it is dreary. Cold, humid, grey, depressing.

Weather?

Statistics at: www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3…

Or current weather at: weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html…

I will be happy to help more if you specify your interests, or have more specific questions.

New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best time to visit

We always go at the end of Aug. Great warm days, cool nite, no crowds, kids heading back to school...the sky that time of year is magnificent...and......the rasberrys are in season. go to the island and get them fresh from the farm stands....oh..get some chocklate to go with them...yummmm

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time to visit

AC-Joe: if you like fresh strawberries from the farm, may I suggest you to pick up your luggage and come over right now ;-? They are in season at the moment ...

Still waiting flip_wilson to reveal what he and his wife are most interested in, so I could help better ...

Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best time to visit

Flip,

I have been to Quebec City 12x. If it is at all possible give your wife a promissory note and go during the Winter Carnival ( the firts to full weeks in Feb)

There is not enough room here to explain why. Do you XC ski? This is the NA American mecca.

Please contact me at edlangrall@aol.com

Any other time is great but this is heaven.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best time to visit

@EdLangrall: : ))

Say - have you ever skied in Petite-Rivière-St-François? (official name ''Le Massif'') ?? The best (natural) powder snow east of Whistler in Canada. The St-Laurent river litterally at your feet.

hotel--canada.com/SkiCanada/le_massif.html

quebec
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best time to visit

Hello

I agree about the best season that is the last week of September, and the 1st week in October. I came during this season many times. I always rent the same furnished flat and enjoy my holiday. If you want the email adress i will send it to you. I usually pay 315 canadian dollars for a week for a very nice two bedrooms apartment. It is 45 dollars a night !!! And there is a sauna and an exercise room in the complex.

Hope you will enjoy your holiday in Quebec.

Emilie

Washington, DC
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: best time to visit

Dear Emilie,

I am intersted in the email address for the flat you have used in Quebec. My address is enyo_io-travel@ yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Enyo

Providence
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: best time to visit

Emilie,

I am interested in finding a similar flat to stay in. Can you let us know how you came about finding such a great place to stay? If you can, please email me the contact info for the flat. My email is Mintmilano81[AT]yahoo[DOT]com

Thanks!

Liz

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,083 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best time to visit

Hi flip.

My suggestion is to go whenever it is most convenient for you. IMHO there is no bad time to visit Quebec City.

Best wishes.

Rochester,NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best time to visit

douce-france,

Bonjour, I am also interested in this flat for rent. My e-mail is

mmayo4@rochester.rr.com. Where is it located?

Thank-you, Karen

Get answers to your questions about Quebec City
Recent Conversations