We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saskatoon to Vancouver

Which Saskatoon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Topic
Saskatoon to Vancouver

What is the fastest way to get from Saskatoon to Vancouver (and back)?

I usually go through Calgary, #1, but have heard via Jasper is quicker?

Is that Edmonton, west on #16, south on #5 to Kamloops.... and then normal to Van instead of to Kamloops via #1??

It might be worth a try, but going on #5 and through mountains and all way up to Edmonton just seems long!

Thanks

PS - if any one has a good online map, could you post it?

Pretty pumped to avoid Saskatoon and some fall missery for Van, and a gentler fall. Love BC. Good to know there is (maybe?) a faster way to get there!

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saskatoon to Vancouver

Punch it into Google Maps it will give you three options... through Calgary & Revelstoke is shorter (about 100km) and perhaps quicker. For a change of scenery you could go via Edmonton & Jasper. For the quickest route you'd always take 5 from Kamloops to Hope. What you're hearing is that Jasper is actually closer to Vancouver than Banff.

You're going through the mountains regardless, lol. Hwy 3 via Crowsnest Pass is "less mountainy". Most southern route though.

Enjoy Vancouver, nice place hope it doesn't rain too much. :)

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saskatoon to Vancouver

I used to make the trip about twice a month, and I always did Saskatoon via Calgary, Banff, Revelstoke, Kamloops. I found that route by far the quickest, largely because it's well-maintained, and nearly all two-lane at a minimum.

I do think that the #3 is probably technically the quickest, but I had nothing but problems with wildlife popping up out of nowhere, and driving that road at night in the rain is a kind of... tense experience.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saskatoon to Vancouver

#3 would be by far the longest and slowest route. If you start in Jasper or Banff, then Banff would be the fastest. So it really depends on how long it takes you to get to either Jasper or Banff.

4. Re: Saskatoon to Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 02:18