We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rentals in and around Rosarito

Las Vegas
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vacation rentals in and around Rosarito

I am looking at vacation rentals -4 adults & 4 kids under 12- towards the end of July and have some questions regarding the various communities:

*Does one community stand out as superior? (ie: Las Gaviotas is better than Puerta Del Mar is better than Calafia, San Antonio del mar, etc)

*Fast Lane card, can anyone get this?

*Mexico auto insurance, best company?

*Beaches, do particular communities have rocky shores?

*Is a Brita-type water filter pitcher adequate for drinking water, or bottled only?

*Best carnicerias in/around Rosarito?

*Can't leave without visiting restaurants in area ?

*any tips?

Thanks!

L1 RN

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rentals in and around Rosarito

For insurance, I like www.mexpro.com There are other on-line sites, but I know that one. Their site explains what you need very clearly, whether you buy from them or not; they handle only top notch Mexican insurance companies.

Anyone can get a Fast Pass; however, I don't recommend it. We've been in the Fast Pass lane (really the medical emergency lane) with guests for 2 hours----regular lanes were moving; the emergency lane wasn't. I don't know what would have happened if there had been an actual medical emergency in the line. We have friends (who, as we do) have a Sentri pass; they decided to try out the Fast Pass to see how it would work if they were taking guests over the border. They were in the Fast Pass lane for 4 hours--again, not moving. Once you are in the Fast Pass Lane, there is no escape--concrete baracades on each side of you. I don't know why it wasn't moving for us or for them, but the incidents took place more than a year apart. I don't recommend it. They felt, as we did, that the regular lane would have been much faster.

I've sent you a private message--top right of this screen.

Rosarito
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rentals in and around Rosarito

FYI, went fast pass lane yesterday, got through in 10 minutes.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rentals in and around Rosarito

We have friends who used it the Monday after Memorial Day, and they, too, got through in about 10 minutes. We and our other friends who got stuck must have been there when there was some sort of glitch.

4. Re: Vacation rentals in and around Rosarito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:42