We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spending some time in Rivas

St Augustine...
Level Contributor
7 posts
49 reviews
spending some time in Rivas

I will be traveling to RIvas in late Oct for the purpose of renewing my Visa for Costa Rica. I plan on spending three nights ( must be out of C.R. for 72 hrs ) and am looking for a clean inexpensive place to stay. I have heard good things about Hospedaje lidia as well as Hotel Dalinky. Might or might not head west to the coast because this trip is going to be limited to a really tight budget. I am looking for suggestions and insight. I am an experience third world traveler since the early 70s. but as I have gotten to be older I have gotten a biy worn down...but all in the search of adventure!

2 replies to this topic
Umatilla, Florida
Level Contributor
573 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: spending some time in Rivas

I also do border crossings from CR and you do not have to stay 72 hours! I just cross over and have lunch and re-cross back over.

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: spending some time in Rivas

If you would stay a bit longer, go to Ometepe Island (from Rivas taxi to San Jorge and ferry/boat to Ometepe) or visit Granada (bus from Rivas to Granada takes 1.5 hours).

Reply to: spending some time in Rivas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rivas