We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much time needed between flights...?

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
86 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
how much time needed between flights...?

Planning to fly w/family from ECI to Liberia on the morning flight a few days before Easter. I will then need to board an international flight in Liberia immediately afterward.

How much time do I REALLY need to allow in between those flights? My understanding is that I won't have to pay the departure tax b/c I won't have been in CR long enough...and we won't be checking bags, no rental car return...I can only find a flight that allows about 2 hours/15 mins between and I know the recommendation is 3 hours...will this work?

I really want to avoid spending the night in Liberia if possible, but I also don't want to get stranded...all opinions welcome!

1 reply
Hopkins, Belize
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much time needed between flights...?

any departure tax you would pay is already built in to the plane ticket price.

Liberia is not a very large airport so it shouldnt take that long to get there. You dont need to take a train to another concourse. So switching gates and stuff isnt a major headache at all.

You should be able to make it no problem. Especially if you arent checking any bags that you have to wait for.

That being said, there is no guarantee. If the plane is a little late getting in, you are cutting down your time even more. if there is something going on with the system in customs, you lose a little more time.

I would say youll be fine though. I wouldnt be too nervous if that were my flight plans personally.

Reply to: how much time needed between flights...?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rivas