We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan Village Resort

Which El Pescadero hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mayan Village Resort

Does anyone have any current experience staying at Mayan Village Resort and just in general hanging on the beach? My wife and I are staying here in September, and I'm a little bothered by recent things of dog poisoning in the area. We bought our stay via The Clymb for $300 which, yes a great deal is sometimes to good to be true.

Is the beach an expensive tourist trap, or will we be able to enjoy cheap tacos and beers on the beach like we are hoping for?

From my understanding, there are ZERO cooking/refrigeration amenities where we are staying so we will have to eat out at all times. I'm not even sure if there are safes to keep valuables and passports in which makes me uneasy if that's the case.

Thank you for any information anyone can provide!

Wayland...
Level Contributor
482 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayan Village Resort

I've never heard of the resort myself, but it has some excellent reviews here on TripAdvisor (tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1636027-d40963…). I'd be interested to hear your take once you've visited.

Todos Santos, Mexico
Level Contributor
99 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayan Village Resort

Hi,

No cheap tacos on the beach. But a short drive away there is a pizza place (cheap) and a local style restaurant which is is economical and ok. Next door the Surf Colony has a restaurant open to the public and Tortuga has an ok restaurant too (both walkable from the Mayan Village). The pizza place also has a small store with beers, snacks and supplies. Have fun!

Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayan Village Resort

I will be going in October so any tips, reviews and pictures would be greatly appreciated! I am excited about the trip but would love to hear more about this place!

Portland, Oregon
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayan Village Resort

Please see the new photos that are posted here on Tripadvisor of some recent travelers. Both the Surf Colony Restaurant and Cerritos Beach Club Restaurant are on the same stretch of beach. Definitely walkable. Todos Santos is not a tourist trap at all, nothing like Cabo. There are many restaurant varieties in town as well. All the Palapas lock.

Portland, Oregon
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayan Village Resort

Please see the new photos that are posted here on Tripadvisor of some recent travelers. Both the Surf Colony Restaurant and Cerritos Beach Club Restaurant are on the same stretch of beach. Definitely walkable. Todos Santos is not a tourist trap at all, nothing like Cabo. There are many restaurant varieties in town as well. All the Palapas lock.

Portland, Oregon
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayan Village Resort

Todos Santos really is anything but a tourist trap, it is very authentic and off the beaten path. Cerritos Beach is also the only swimmable beach within 30 miles. There are two places to rent equipment, and there are surfing classes( MArio Surf School) and workout classes (SurFit Baja) on the beach. It is a hot spot. Prices are less then in Cabo and nobody to bother you. Just remember that it is Mexico and nothing is perfect and you will enjoy yourself. Don't get caught up in looking for little problems..look up at the scenery, the AMAZING views, sigh in ahh and relax!

7. Re: Mayan Village Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about El Pescadero
More El Pescadero Topics