We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourism activities in Bien Hoa??

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
Tourism activities in Bien Hoa??
Save

I will be in Bien Hoa for a week while my husband is there on business? What activities and travel sites does anyone suggest? I am having trouble getting any information.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
20 reviews
76 helpful votes
1. Re: Tourism activities in Bien Hoa??
Save

I just googled "bien hoa tourism" and got lots of links. Chuck...

Da Lat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
16,606 posts
84 reviews
68 helpful votes
2. Re: Tourism activities in Bien Hoa??
Save

You're best bet is to let your mate attend to business in that little burg, and you should spend the week exploring Hanoi (where the action is). I remember changing buses there last year when I returned from Mai Chau. Mai Chau is another possibility since it's just over the hill (not more than 2 days for Mai Chau).

Beware that this is the heart of Thit Cho country - (dog meat!!!)

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
4 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Tourism activities in Bien Hoa??
Save

Bien Hoa is about an hour from HCMC in the south - nowhere near Hanoi. It was the site of the main US Air Force base during the war. As far as I'm aware there's not a lot to do/see there - it's a noisy industrial kind of place. Might be better staying down the road in Saigon!

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Tourism activities in Bien Hoa??
Save

Yes, many links, but little or no information at all when you follow them.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: Tourism activities in Bien Hoa??
Save

Yes, Hanoi is not close at all. I think I will have fun exploring Ho Chi Minh City. Is a guide recommended or safe by myself?

6. Re: Tourism activities in Bien Hoa??

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2011, 01:33
Get answers to your questions about Bien Hoa
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.