We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trips from Agios Nikitas

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
15 helpful votes
Boat trips from Agios Nikitas
Save

Hi, we're going to Agios Nikitas in 2 weeks but want to spend most of the time on small boats trips / snorkelling trips. Do any go from Agios Nikitas? Thanks in advance. Sharon

9 replies to this topic
UK and Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
64 reviews
80 helpful votes
1. Re: Boat trips from Agios Nikitas
Save

Hi,

Unfortunately, no. The only boat trips from Agios Nikitas are the taxi boats round to Milos beach. You need to go to Nidri for a choice of boat trips. Also you can rent a small motorboat for the day in Lygia.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Boat trips from Agios Nikitas
Save

Thank you!!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
15,510 posts
14 reviews
64 helpful votes
3. Re: Boat trips from Agios Nikitas
Save

Hi,

It's the windier side of Lefkada, and no harbours. Ag. Nikitas is also very small. Milos and Kathisma beaches are easily walked to.

Lefkada, Greece
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Boat trips from Agios Nikitas
Save

Hello community .

Top Top experience.

Depending from the weather conditions snorkeling trips from Agios Nikitas are incredible.

From My personal experience I do highly recommend a day out in the west cost.

More than 20 km of isolated and exclusive beaches where nobody is there !

1 post
5. Re: Boat trips from Agios Nikitas
Save

Hello Dino,

I see you have been on west side loooong deserted beaches. If you are reffering on those between Megali and Gialos it will be highly apreciated if you would advise us how to reach them. We dont have a boat. Best regards from Zana and Danilo

Level Contributor
70 posts
6. Re: Boat trips from Agios Nikitas
Save

Hi retired hippy

How long would it take to walk from the centre of Ag Nik to Kathisma Beach. Google suggests 49 mins, is there a short cut?

Thanks

UK and Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
64 reviews
80 helpful votes
7. Re: Boat trips from Agios Nikitas
Save

As far as I know there's no shortcut. You can walk from Agios Nikitas over to Milos beach, but I don't think you can get from there to kathisma. But even if you could, it will be quicker and easier to walk around by road, because it's pretty steep. The problem is you have to climb a long way up, and then down again!

You are probably aware that there are buses from Agios Nikitas to Kathisma, but only in the summer.

Level Contributor
70 posts
8. Re: Boat trips from Agios Nikitas
Save

Thanks for this. So, if we were to walk via the road, how long would it take?

UK and Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
64 reviews
80 helpful votes
9. Re: Boat trips from Agios Nikitas
Save

I'd guess 45mins to an hour, depending on your fitness level and the temperature. But I am only guessing, I've never walked it myself!

Reply to: Boat trips from Agios Nikitas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikitas
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.