We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

407 ETR question

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
29 reviews
407 ETR question

I plan to drive from Niagara Falls to Markham on a Sunday afternoon. The most obvious route seems to be via 407 which I understand uses electronic toll. I used the online toll calculator which gave me an estimate of over 22 Canadian dollars. Did I estimate it right? It seems to be a little bit high to me for that short distance.

If I want to avoid the high toll and the hassle of finding a way to prepay, is there an alternate route that would not add too much time?

Thanks.

7 posts
21. Re: 407 ETR question

Furthermore, you should not be dishonestly implying authority in your post. You are no more an authority on this website than I am. Shame on you.

7 posts
22. Re: 407 ETR question

Not over.

Hell, Michigan
3 posts
23. Re: 407 ETR question

So as I've posted before but have had political interests interfere with a factual post. This highway is overpriced because it is owned by a private company, and is the biggest ripoff ever committed against Ontario taxpayers.

Don't use it until the prices are forced down. It was sold for less than the value of the pavement, and we've been gouged ever since.

Hell, Michigan
3 posts
24. Re: 407 ETR question

I'm really mad about you blocking the truth. But I do want to make it clear, I would never venture to do you any harm beyond recommending no-one patronize your business etc. I realized I was very angry and it could be misinterpreted. Please don't feel legitimately threatened. Nothing is going to happen. Ontarions will remain ripped off by your political party for decades to come.

Hell, Michigan
3 posts
25. Re: 407 ETR question

Well, politics affects travel, and very much so on the 407. I feel travellers should know when they are being gouged and why. That's why I had the gall the tell the truth.

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,948 posts
35 reviews
26. Re: 407 ETR question

Helli edofva

I am hoping your originsl question has been answered prior to these "disruptions." Unfortunately your own personal alerts are being wasted, and for that i feel badly. Possibly if you request your thread be closed, thst might save you from this . I do hope you enjoy your trip :)

Get answers to your questions about Markham