We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family style Cantonese food recommendations

Woodside, New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
Family style Cantonese food recommendations

Can anyone recommend some traditional family style Cantonese or chief chow restaurants. Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
436 posts
1. Re: Family style Cantonese food recommendations

>>>Can anyone recommend some traditional family style Cantonese

If by family style you mean where all of the food on the table is shared by all, food is ordered for the table and not for individuals then every Chinese restaurant in Canada is "family style" unless it is a buffet. I have never been to any other kind of non-buffet Chinese restaurant including in Vancouver, Victoria, Revelstoke, Winnipeg, Halifax, Banff, Jasper, London england, and of course Toronto and Ottawa where I am from.

You only have to ask for recommendations for Cantonese restaurants. Buffet restaurants generally have 'buffet' in their name or advertise that they are a buffet as chains do. Any non-buffet Chinese restaurants will be 'family-style' where one order is taken for the table, food is shared, and there is one check. Its possible to order individual items such as individual combination plates but most guests share food.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
654 reviews
2. Re: Family style Cantonese food recommendations

So many options - maybe a comparison of the lists would help you.

I just did a google search of top Canonese restaurants in Markham and there's recent post about the top 10 on Zomato.com.

https:/…best-markham-cantonese-restaurants

There's also a list on Yelp.

https://www.yelp.ca/search?find_desc=cantonese+food&find_loc=Markham%2C+ON

Reply to: Family style Cantonese food recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Markham