We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

party hall for a small group

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
93 posts
party hall for a small group

We are looking for a small hall for a group of 35 people in Markham area in July 10th

Can someone advise please.

8 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: party hall for a small group

This is at least the third time you have asked this. Did you take the advice you received the last times you asked?

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,002 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: party hall for a small group

Travel related ?

Hmmm ?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,014 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: party hall for a small group

It might be helpful if you contacted the Markam Visitor Centre at info@tourismmarkham.ca

http://tourismmarkham.ca/

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
93 posts
4. Re: party hall for a small group

Yes I did contact them but what they had to offer does not meet my requirements.

Therefore I have posted. I am looking for a smaller venue.

thanks

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,800 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: party hall for a small group

Anu1985 - here's the reality ... you have posted this query many times. People have given you the best info they can. The Markham forum is not very active, and there are few, if any regular commenters from Markham on the forums. You have noted many times this is a family reunion - do you actually have any family members based in Markham or neighbouring municipalities? If so, then the onus really needs to be on them to do this research for you. You have pretty much exhausted the knowledge of the locals on this topic. That you want to find a space where you can bring your own food is an issue. You may need to forget that part, and go with a hotel or banquet hall. Perhaps you need to connect with a local Indian community or religious group that can assist in your search. Try googling for organizations in the area.

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
122 reviews
6. Re: party hall for a small group

The correct choice may be affected by what else you might need. Are you just looking for tables and chairs to accommodate about 35-people. Do you need catering, a full kitchen, or even just a servery? Are any serving staff required? Are you willing to ensure clean up yourself or will staff be required for this too?

The more service that's required tends to suggest that a hotel facility or upstairs at the Duchess of Markham may be a better choice. If you're willing to do more for yourself a venue like the Markham District Veterans' Association hall on Washington St. or maybe even the Unionville Curling Club on Carlton could suit. Alternatively, a number of Markham churches have halls and kitchens but I'm not sure about their willingness to rent them out.

Cheers

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,057 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: party hall for a small group

Olde_biL

Welcome to Tripadvisor. But you seem to have spent the day resurrecting old posts.

Please take note of the original posters date, and the date of the final reply. There is no point in responding after the thread has been dormant for 6 months or more.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 19:19
Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
122 reviews
8. Re: party hall for a small group

Thanks. I’ve been a reviewer for a long time but am new to forums and I’m grateful for helping me down the learning curve.

Reply to: party hall for a small group
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Markham