We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem with Mandarin Gold Club- Unionville ON

markham, Ontario
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Problem with Mandarin Gold Club- Unionville ON

Not sure if this is the best venue for this omment or not, but I really would like to share this experience. Our wedding reception was held at the Mandarin Golf Club and went over very well. However, our issue has been having our damage deposit returned. They agree that we are owed the money and that no damage was caused by our party. The money is 3 months overdue and I keep getting various dates when the "cheque" will be ready. I caution people when doing business with this club as once they have your money, they seem to take their time in returning any enquiries, calls etc. So far, I have been unable to directly reach the president or GM as no one seems to have contact info. I am very frustrated, and would seriously reconsider using the Mandarin Golf Club as a venue for any event. The treatment I have received after my wedding is far from professional. I would not recommend this venue to anyone.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Problem with Mandarin Gold Club- Unionville ON

That doesn't sound like fun.

Have you tried making an unscheduled visit to the GM's office or person you gave the cheque to? Demanding your money in person is far more effective. People hate confrontation.

Good luck!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
201 reviews
2. Re: Problem with Mandarin Gold Club- Unionville ON

Interesting. A reviewer at this site: www.ontgolf.ca/ratingdetail.php… commented that s/he felt the "staff are very scared and wierd". An odd comment.

markham, Ontario
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
3. Re: Problem with Mandarin Gold Club- Unionville ON

Yes, I have gone in person as have family members. Also, they won't give me any names/ extension numbers for the "big bosses" other than telling me that they are out of the country on vacation. The highest person we've met with has been the supposed GM. THough I have been told he is the C.O.O. but was later told that this is not his title. Very fishy business.

As for demanding the money, the dates keep changing as do the reasons for the delay. it went from the chequewill be ready wedding day, to thecheque is in the mail, to, the cheque will take 4-6 weeks, to, "I will have our accountant look into it", to, we had our basement carpets flooded and ruined, we had to use your money for that, to, cheque will be ready Jan 15 and mailed, now we hear "we have cash flow problem, have no money until Jan 18" I'm expecting the date to change some more. I would just caution people into checking into this club before doing any business. I am still very frustrated, am going to have to go to small claims court.

4. Re: Problem with Mandarin Gold Club- Unionville ON

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Markham