We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clam Digging

Which Truro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Truro
2 posts
Save Topic
Clam Digging

My wife wants to go Clam Digging.... we are from the Truro area.... where and when are the best times and places that would be close to us....

Advocate Harbour...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clam Digging

Close to Truro I would say the Five Islands area is around the best for digging clams - go out on the ebbing tide. I would drop by one of the campsites in Five Islands and they will give you lots of useful info - try www.fiveislands.ca

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Clam Digging

You might want to check the regulations first.

The way we are being governed, you could lose your house, grandchildren and the Leafs first round draft choice.

The older fishermen on our coast always said not to dig clams in months with an R in it. That coincides with the warm weather.

Truro
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clam Digging

Thank you both for your input, I will contact the fisheries to try and get more info I guess...smile... I certainly dont need to lose anything or get sick... just looking to share the experience with my family.... have a great day!

Advocate Harbour...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clam Digging

If there are any problems in areas with clam digging the fisheries will put up a warning poster. The Five Islands area has some clam diggers that do this for a living, and the campgrounds and accomodations in the area often lend clam digging tools to guests. Of course if there is any danger they will inform you. The areas from Five islands to Parrsboro have lots of clam digging beaches. Sandy, who runs the Five Islands Ocean Resort & Campground is always helpful and a great source of info and will gladly fill you in. For a preview of where you will be if you go digging there check out her photo description of the area (you wont have to get quite as muddy as those kids) You can contact Sandy through the info at the end of the clip. Have fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AnelY6iYtI

5. Re: Clam Digging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2010, 02:19