We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do for 5 hours in Fort St. John?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
What to do for 5 hours in Fort St. John?

I am travelling to Fort St. John for work and have about 5 hours to spare after my meeting and before I have to be at the airport. I won't have a car - any tips on cool/fun/interesting stuff to do in Fort St. John?

6 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,717 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do for 5 hours in Fort St. John?

Fort St. John is a hardscrabble working town, not really renowned for its tourism potential :) My son works there, but lives in camp. I have never been but I do want to visit sometime to see the place.

https:/…culture-history.aspx

Looks like there is a small museum - Fort St. John North Peace Museum.

Enjoy your visit.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,689 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do for 5 hours in Fort St. John?

hellobc.com/fort-st-john/things-to-do.aspx

it really depends on when you are going as winter conditions could put a damper on many outdoor activities. road web cams is a good place to find out …drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/…589.html

Places like Fort St John are based on a car culture so even though it might only be for a few hours it would be a good idea to rent a car and then drive around to see what it is all about.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do for 5 hours in Fort St. John?

Ok thanks! It is at the end of March. I was thinking a car would be a good idea..

Fort St. John...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do for 5 hours in Fort St. John?

Rent a car if you are not getting picked up. Trip from the airport by cab is $30 so a rental might be cheaper. If your meeting is downtown there is plenty you can walk to. Art gallery, museum, coffee shops, and recreation centre are all walking distance from downtown. Where is your meeting?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do for 5 hours in Fort St. John?

Thanks for the tip - its near the Provincial Court of BC on 100 st.

Fort St. John...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do for 5 hours in Fort St. John?

You are on 100 St near 105 Ave. The Art Gallery is on 110St at 100 Ave in the Cultural Centre. Whole Wheat and Honey café is on the same intersection. A few blocks further down 100st (around 94 or 95?) is the museum. Not really much else to do. That is kind of a nasty time of year. The snow will still be melting so it could be muddy. If you are driving you could go to the Peace Lookout for a great view of the river and a bit of a peak at the Site C dam construction. If you go to Lovefortstjohn.com you will find a whole bunch of our local shops and some of our artisans.

Reply to: What to do for 5 hours in Fort St. John?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort St. John
Recent Conversations
More Fort St. John Topics