We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Food in Town

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Best Food in Town

I'm competing at the Northern Classic on June 7th.....I will want to have great food and drinks after dieting for 20 weeks. Any good suggestions for a body builder than can eat a horse?

3 replies to this topic
Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
773 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Best Food in Town

Terrible time to be coming off of a diet looking for good food....We mostly have chains here, nothing too special. I save dining out for when I am not in FSJ. Due to lack fo good staffing you may be hard pressed to find good service as well. Stay away from Boston Pizza unless you like cold food 2 hours after your ordered.

Jack Fish out in Charlie Lake is worth the drive and on of the very very few non-chain Restaurants around FSJ. Drinks are fantastic here, shuttle back to town available.

Siagon Noodles is decent, probably not comparable to an option in a large city (fresh foods?)but I eat here from time to time. This place is ran and owned by a nice older ethnic couple (cant remember where they are from) So the good is pretty authentic.

Olio's Pizza is a decent mom & pop pizza place, you can grab a slice and a pop for $5 during lunch hour.

As for chains, Mr. Mike's can be decent, but hit and miss.

Best of luck on you visit in June :)

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
28,113 posts
109 reviews
2. Re: Best Food in Town

It's July now, and the OP asked in January.

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
773 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Best Food in Town

Good point, I forgot which month we were on, time goes by so fast ;)

Reply to: Best Food in Town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort St. John
Recent Conversations
More Fort St. John Topics