We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accent Inn - BBY

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
29 reviews
Accent Inn - BBY

Hello,

We are planning on going to Vancouver for a week in September and will be renting a car. Thinking about staying at Accent Inn - BBY to stay within our budget. Any pros/cons in this location?

Thanks!

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
14,135 posts
152 reviews
11. Re: Accent Inn - BBY

Even though the YWCA is above your budget you will save on gas and have a much better overall experience by staying downtown. I would book there sap as you can always cancel..they currently have availability for your dates.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,633 posts
66 reviews
12. Re: Accent Inn - BBY

Accent Inn Burnaby has free parking. The Y has $15 a night parking, underground, first come first served. Surplus parking in the neighbourhood may be more. It would be worth it to email the Y and ask about that.

Using your actual dates, they have the same double/double bed with a private bathroom for a weekly rate of $129 plus 12.5% taxes. Minimum stay of 7 nights.

You can save on costs, and probably pay the daily parking costs, by heading to the deli at the grocery store (Marketplace IGA, about 5 blocks away) for take out food - roast chicken or cook in the guest kitchens. Here is the link: https://ywcavan.org/hotel/about/amenities

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
29 reviews
13. Re: Accent Inn - BBY

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I think it might serve us well to next research on what we want to do when we are there. The different activities could be a determining factor. Is Grouse mountain or Capilano bridge advisable/doable with a toddler and infant?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,633 posts
66 reviews
14. Re: Accent Inn - BBY

The great activities to be found up Grouse and the things to do at Cap bridge would not mean a lot to small children. The raptor show goes to Sept 20, the lumberjack show goes until mid-October but won't mean a lot to them. The two grizzlies, Coola and Grinder, would be but not at the cost of the gondola to get up there. So I would say give it a miss and spend some time in the free parks and beaches where they can just play.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
33,100 posts
62 reviews
15. Re: Accent Inn - BBY

Most small children are terrified of the suspension bridge. You wouldn't have gotten mine over it when they were little.

Very small children are happy with the free stuff - playgrounds and water parks. My kids enjoyed the Bloedel Conservatory. Actually I enjoyed going there when I was very little. The Aquarium and Science World have good toddler areas, but the planetarium is better for older kids. Riding the pedestrian ferries around False Creek isn't cheap with a family, but it's quite fun.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
29 reviews
16. Re: Accent Inn - BBY

I guess I'll knock those two things off our list. The Bloedel Conservatory might be of interest for my kid!

17. Re: Accent Inn - BBY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2018, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Burnaby