We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinbrook Island or Tilebrook PP for RV camping?

Metchosin, Canada
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
609 reviews
Kinbrook Island or Tilebrook PP for RV camping?

Will be passing through Alberta and looking to spend a night in the Brooks area (scheduled for last Thursday of May). I assume that Kinbrook Island is nicer. Any reason not to and go for Tilebrook instead? Will be in a RV of undetermined length.

4 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,165 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Kinbrook Island or Tilebrook PP for RV camping?

Both are good. Tillebrook is smaller, more manicured and less natural; highway noise is not an issue, as I recall. Kinbrook Island is a large natural provincial park on Lake Newell and is much better if you're interested in wildlife or playing in the water. For just an overnight stop, I might tend slightly towards Tillebrook, just because of the convenient location next to Hwy 1.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
358 reviews
2. Re: Kinbrook Island or Tilebrook PP for RV camping?

If you're just passing through and stopping one night I would choose Tillebrook. Easy access off the transcanada and nicely nestled in the trees. We quite often stop in for a break when returning to Calgary from Saskatchewan.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
95 reviews
3. Re: Kinbrook Island or Tilebrook PP for RV camping?

I have to be honest and vote for Tillebrook but it depends on what you want to do! We have a very small teardrop camper so that informs the type of campsite we can access. We recently went to both. Tillebrook (just this week) campsite felt much more private, showers and bathrooms were in top notch shape (to be fair, we were in Kinbrook in early May before the park was staffed) and there was a nice nature trail around the perimeter. Kinbrook has the lake, of course, and a nature trail, too. Both are close to Brooks (for convenience) but Tillebrook is much closer. Slight highway traffic noise in Tillebrook, but barely noticeable.

Hope this helps....you could always do a day or so at each and decide yourself which you preferred 😊

Metchosin, Canada
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
609 reviews
4. Re: Kinbrook Island or Tilebrook PP for RV camping?

Thanks, though we ended up giving the Brooks area a miss. Also missed Cypress Hills IPP. This was due to the wind storm which made driving an RV interesting. Instead of Cypress Hill IPP (am I right to think it's a cooler place to escape to in the summer?) and then Brooks area (1 nt each), we just headed to Bassano (white knuckle driving - even the Bison Transportation road trains were running with one trailer instead of their usual doubles) and then Banff. Gave us an extra day in the Rockies (Kicking Horse campground in Yoho NP).

Reply to: Kinbrook Island or Tilebrook PP for RV camping?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brooks