We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Le Chantecler 2, 3 or 4 star

Quebec City, Canada
1 post
Hotel Le Chantecler 2, 3 or 4 star

I am looking for a romantic week end into the Laurentian this Fall, We enjoyed confort, ambiance, brunch breakfast fireplace in the lobby or bar and dedicate host. Is the accomodation, the facilities and the staff of the Chantecler Hotel will met my expectation

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Le Chantecler 2, 3 or 4 star

Hi Michel-Couture,

Welcome to the SAINTE-ADELE TRAVEL FORUM.

And I see you are also a NEW Member of TripAdvisor… so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

Don’t know for sure if Hotel le Chantecler is exactly what you are looking for (ONLY you can decide that)… but I can answer the Question you posed with this title..

<< Hotel Le Chantecler – 2, 3 or 4 Star >>

I can see how someone might be confused…

According to Bonjour Quebec (Quebec Tourism) who lists all of Quebec’s Accommodations (with strict criteria) they list the property as a 4-Star Hotel.

bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/accommodation-direct…

Chantecler’s Website says it has been recognized with a CAA / AAA 3-Diamond Award.

And here on TripAdvisor it is listed as a 2-1/2 Star Hotel (stars are awarded by the Hotel Industry based on a property’s facilities). You can see the Reviews by clicking on SAINTE-ADELE HOTELS (Button to the left).

There have been many recent REVIEWS and they probably account for the current ranking on TA for this Hotel… as of today, Tuesday, August 24, 2010 after 11 PM EDT and the picture is even more confusing…

HOTEL LE CHANTECLER – Ranked at # 5 out of 11 Hotels for Ste-Adele. A 2-1/2 Start Hotel (as awarded by the Hotel Industry based on facilities). This Hotel has 2-1/2 HOOTS for Satisfaction as awarded by TA Members like yourself who have submitted HOTEL REVIEWS. Todate there are 33 Reviews, of that 6 gave it an Excellent and 1 gave it a Very Good which accounts for its 66% THUMBS DOWN recommendation. The latest Review is dated July 9, 2010.

I read thru the REVIEWS, it certainly look like this property “is losing ground” in the Laurentians Resort market. A positive note is though Management seems to replying to the REVIEWS posted on TA at least with a belief that they are striving to improve. Is action really being taken to turn things around? Only time will tell.

I suggest that you read thru the REVIEWS to see what are the PROS and CONS for the property (remember most of the Advisors here on the TA FORUMS are local, so we can’t really give much info on Hotels… having very little need to sleep in hotels in our own Hometowns etc). Anyways, most TA Users believe that the REVIEWS Section is a much better judge because the input is continuous, comes from a variety of Travellers, and when one “reads between the lines” is an excellent source of info.

Traveller TIP – Throw out the Highest Review and the Lowest… and make sure you look at the Contribution Numbers of those who wrote REVIEWS… one-hit-wonders are usually just writing in to complain (even if for something that cannot be changed… Weather, Taxes, Tipping, etc). Long time members of TA with high Contribution Numbers are usually invested in the whole TA process… gathering trip planning info, and then passing along info to other Travellers too.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS… No matter what happens, do come back and give us an Update… we’d love to hear what you finally decided to do.

2. Re: Hotel Le Chantecler 2, 3 or 4 star

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Sainte-Adele