We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip out of Magog

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,945 posts
28 reviews
Day trip out of Magog

Bonjour tout le monde (-:

We will be in Magog first week of Oct 2016. I have a preliminary map for one of the day trips I am planning out of Magog https://goo.gl/maps/4ybaFAYAUmy The feedback I am looking for is to see if wandering along Lac Brome; Chemin Lakeside, #243; will be worth the detour of if we should just spend more time in Knowlton. We are just going for the sight seeing aspect and will be happy if we get to see the fall colours and migrating birds. (being avid birders we are always looking for backroads). We will be doing a Stanstead and a Danville-Sherbrooke loop the other days.

I am getting a lot of my info from this web site since this is one of the corners of Quebec that I have yet to visit as it is not on the NB to Ottawa route...that I did way too many times. chemindescantons.qc.ca/fr/…route-automne.php

+ if anyone can provide info on the progress of the construction on #10 east of Brossard it would be appreciated- Google maps is suggesting a detour at autoroute 30. I know I still have a month to go so hoping most of it will be done by the time we get to Montreal on Oct 01.

3 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,352 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Day trip out of Magog

Roadwork is currently on highway 10, however closer to route 35 (Carignan) than 30. There is no detour required, just a little slower due to a lot of traffic.

quebec511.info/en/…

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Day trip out of Magog

Your loop looks great - I assume you'll stop at the Abby St. Benoit outside Magog. Early October is a great time to visit the many wineries in the area. There is at least one - Ridge- that does wine pressing by foot in early October. It's quite something to see or participate in. Close to Ridge winery is Frelighsburg, a charming little village. If you do any bicycling, there are many fun trails in this part of Quebec, and the land gets perfectly flat as you proceed west from Cowansville. There is a flat, paved bike trail from Waterloo to Granby enjoyed by families and folks of all ages. I'm not familiar with the Danville area, but I've been to Sherbrooke several times. Realize it's a fairly big city with lots of mall sprawl, not particularly interesting other than a nice lake and farmers market downtown.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,945 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Day trip out of Magog

Merci Josée

I forgot to look for 511 even though I make that suggestion often in the Alberta forum. I will be checking a few days before we leave.

Hi Dougdnh

thank you for the mention of the Abby as I had not seen that one yet in my research. We live in a wine region; the Okanagan in British Columbia; so wineries and grape stomping is not high on our list...

I have read about Sherbrooke but it closes the loop back to Magog when going to Etang de Burbank near Danville which is a bird watching site; hoping to see/photograph migrating birds.; danville.ca/bottin/decouvrir/le-centre-dinte…

Reply to: Day trip out of Magog
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Magog