We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qualicum Restaurants

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
85 reviews
Qualicum Restaurants

Hi everyone,

We are planning a retirement dinner for 12 in Qualicum. I know nothing about the restaurants there. We'd like something nice but casual and good food. No hotel restaurants.

Thanks for any suggestions.

6 replies to this topic
Victoria BC
Level Contributor
171 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Qualicum Restaurants

we stayed in Qualicum for a night this summer, and our hotel (Crown Mansion) recommended Cuckoo in Coombs. It is about a five minute drive. We had a wonderful meal but at that time you could eat outdoors. They have a fairly large dining area, and would certainly meet your requirements of casual and no hotels. You can find them by searching on Google and you will see that they serve casual but good Italian food.

the Crown Mansion has a great looking dining room, unfortunately closed the night we were there. The menu might be too upscale for what you are looking for. I know you said no hotels, this is barely a hotel - just 6 rooms so you do not get that hotel dining room feel at all.

Good luck with your search.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
374 posts
179 reviews
2. Re: Qualicum Restaurants

IMO, Giovanni's is the best restaurant in town; I'm pretty sure they can handle 12 with advance notice but I don't know if they have a private room for such a group.

Tigh-na-Mara on the road to Parksville certainly has the space but it is a hotel, albeit a fairly rustic one. Good food and service, though.

Level Contributor
129 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Qualicum Restaurants

You should phone the Crown Mansion. They would look after a party of 12 beautifully and I'm sure you would not be disappointed. It would surely be a retirement dinner that would be the very best memory for your group. You should give them a call and discuss some ideas with them. We just spent 4 weeks there and just love that place!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: Qualicum Restaurants

Thanks for the idea. We ended up at the pub and were really looked after. Food wasn't too bad either.

The Italian place told me that since we'd be taking up 3 tables we would have to be out in 2 hours. Not very good PR nor service nor does it make any sense. They lost a big business from us that night. I told them that was too bad since we would probably be eating and drinking 6 tables worth.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Qualicum Restaurants

Cuckoo in Coombs Trattoria & Pizzeria - Parksville/ Quallicum ...

www.urbanspoon.com › ... › Parksville & Quallicum Beach

Rating: 87% - 166 votes - Price range: $10-15 per entree

Cuckoo in Coombs Trattoria & Pizzeria, Italian Restaurant in Parksville/ Quallicum Beach. See the menu, 13 photos, 2 blog posts and 21 user reviews. Reviews ...

You need to add this to TripAdvisor. Best Margharita Pizza outside of Italy,

and we have spent a lot of time in Italy. Light, bright, clean, great service, great Pizza. GPS directions are wrong. Located at 2310 Alberni Highway

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,012 posts
66 reviews
6. Re: Qualicum Restaurants

Hi Judy ~

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Cuckoo is on TA. It's rightfully in the Coombs listings with 35 reviews. See link above. Qualicum and Parksville is 8 km away from Coombs.

You do not say where you are seeing the wrong GPS directions, but it's not on TA.

FYI, there is a way to add properties: hotels, restaurants, accommodations to TA. You need to ask on the Support Forum for that information. Here is the short cut to that forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Reply to: Qualicum Restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Qualicum Beach
More Qualicum Beach Topics