We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Qualicum Area for 2-3 months - Need Help

Italy
1 post
Visiting Qualicum Area for 2-3 months - Need Help

Hello,

I am interested in visiting Qualicum July - Sep (possibly thru Oct) to study at Summit School of Lutherie. I am traveling from NY via my residence in Naples, Italy.

I could use assistance in how to arrive, transportation and general info on how to get around during my 3 month stay. The school offers housing, however, I will have no means of transportation.

For example, where could I rent a car, bike or scooter or whatever means people use to move around the area.

I am a mature working professional who is dedicating these three months to pursue an interest I have always desired.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Wow!! It sure looks like a beautiful place...

Qualicum Beach, B.C.
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Visiting Qualicum Area for 2-3 months - Need Help

You are going to enjoy our area very much. I think you are going to want to rent a car while you are here, Parksville has a Budget car rental agency. If you are arriving at the Vancouver Airport, rent one there and take the Tswassen/Duke point ferry. Or if you are flying to Nanaimo, they also have car rental agencies there. A spectacular way to arrive on the island is by sea-plane with Harbour Air or West Coast Air, either harbour to harbour to Nanaimo, or from Richmond near the Vancouver airport to Nanaimo harbour.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
173 reviews
2. Re: Visiting Qualicum Area for 2-3 months - Need Help

You are going to love living on Vancouver Island in the time-frame you have posted. You will want to rent a car either for the full time you are here, or just for weekends to tour around. Vancouver Isalnd is pretty big, and Qualicum is just south of the middle on the east side. You'll want to do a trip to Victoria, about 1 1/2 hrs, Tofino about 2 hrs, Courtenay about 1 hr, Campbell River about 1 1/2 hrs and maybe some other places while you are here. There is lots to see and do.

There is also a bus which runs up and down the Island, but most places you will still need transportation once there.

I looked up lutherie (because I didn't know what it was!) and the website gives some info on Qualicum area, but there is a lot more to the Island than that. Go to www.hellobc.com and choose Vancouver Island.

Enjoy your visit!

3. Re: Visiting Qualicum Area for 2-3 months - Need Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Qualicum Beach
More Qualicum Beach Topics