We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes at little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park?

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,779 posts
79 reviews
Mosquitoes at little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park?

We just enjoyed a great campsite and walks at Little Qualicum Falls PP and are already planning a return next summer. In addition to the cleanliness of the campground, access to the river, and the beauty of the gorge and falls, we were impressed with the absence of insects, particularly mosquitoes. Is this due to the late season? Would we perhaps find them f we came in July instead of late August? My husband is a magnet for them and we try to avoid them with good timing whenever possible.

Thanks for your help.

2 replies to this topic
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,808 posts
1 review
1. Re: Mosquitoes at little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park?

Even fewer later in the season because of colder nights.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,779 posts
79 reviews
2. Re: Mosquitoes at little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park?

I would expect fewer late in the season. But next year we will be in Europe most of September, so I was hoping for a Vancouver island trip in July and wondering about the mosquito situation then.

Ironically, after a mosquito-free visit to the Sunshine Coast and Little Qualicum falls! we arrived home last evening and were driven inside from an attempt at dinner on our own deck.

Reply to: Mosquitoes at little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Qualicum Beach
More Qualicum Beach Topics