We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary airport to Golden

Which Radium Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Calgary airport to Golden

Hi , I am flying into Calgary in January for a ski trip. I have a week to get to Golden and plan to spend the 1st week stopping at a few places on the way. Is the Greyhound bus the best way of doing it? also is it possible to buy a ticket from calgary to golden return that allows you to make multiple stops? I was told by a private shuttle bus company that the greyhound takes about 12 hours for trip but their website claims under 4, who is telling the truth?

calgary
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calgary airport to Golden

It takes roughly 3 hours to drive from Calgary to Golden with no stops. You could spend a few days in Banff/Lake Louise and then go on to Golden from there but I don't know about the bus schedule for stops like that. I have no idea why Greyhound would take 12 hours, they must stop at every hamlet along the way.

I just noticed that your title includes Radium Hot Springs; is that your actual destination? Radium is about 2 hours south of Golden; which could explain the 12 hour Greyhound trip as you would have to change buses in Golden.

Edited: 08 November 2010, 07:56
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calgary airport to Golden

1st time using this forum, don't know why itr posted under radium springs, mistake by me. Still looking for advice on the bus services

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calgary airport to Golden

Between Calgary and Golden you can get off the Greyhound at Canmore, Banff and Lake Louise.

It is only 3 hours drive from Calgary to Golden, but I'm sure the Greyhound might take a bit longer due to stops along the way. 4 hours sounds about right. I don't know where that number of 12 hours is coming from. I worked at the place called the Depot in Lake Louise where the Greyhound comes in, and the bus was late a lot in the winter. If there were accidents or delays due to snowfall sometimes it was hours late. Or on occasion it would have to go down to Radium and back up to get to LL, so that could be where the 12 hours is coming into play. That was when the bus was trying to come east from Golden though, I doesn't happen the other way when it was coming from Calgary.

Not sure what your budget is but another option is the Brewster Bus. It is about twice the price as the Greyhound, but on time and much more direct routes from Calgary to Banff and Banff straight to Lake Louise, etc. I don't think they go to Golden though. So from Lake Louise to Golden you would have to go into the Depot in the Lake Louise village at Samson Mall and buy a ticket from LL to Golden. That bus should take just over an hour if there are no delays.

Here is the link for the brewster bus.

www.explorerockies.com/airport-shuttles/

Edited: 08 November 2010, 12:45
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calgary airport to Golden

many thanks, very helpful

5. Re: Calgary airport to Golden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Radium Hot Springs