We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route from Ottawa

Wolfville, Canada
Level Contributor
207 posts
80 reviews
34 helpful votes
Route from Ottawa
Save

Since COVID has scuttled our vacation plans, we decided to rent a chalet for a few days in Sainte Agathe just to get out of the house a bit, relax, and claim I'm on vacation on my work email.

I used to always take either the bus or the train from Ottawa to Montreal so I'm unfamiliar with Quebec roads. Google is recommending I take the 323 to Mont Tremblant and then the 117, but all the chalets in town recommend staying on the 50 and then the 329 from Lachute.

They seem to be the same amount of time so just seeing if one is better than the other in terms of road quality, scenery, gas stations or bathroom break options, etc.

Thanks in advance.

1 reply
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
14,393 posts
132 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: Route from Ottawa
Save

Both would require about the same amount of time. 329 is a winding road and if you do take it then get off the 401 at or near Cornwall and cross over at Hawksbury to reach the 50.

Since they take about the same amount of time I would go via 416 to Ottawa, 50 to Montebello and then north to Mont Tremblant. There is no real scenic scene until you cross over to Quebec.

If you have kids with you then make a stop at Omega park in Montebello, the kids will love it.

Reply to: Route from Ottawa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sainte Agathe des Monts
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.