We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Montreal to St. Agathe en Feux Festival 2011

Denver, Colorado
1 post
Getting from Montreal to St. Agathe en Feux Festival 2011
Save

I'll be flying into Montreal on July 28 and am trying to learn what my options are to get from there to the St. Agathe en Feux Festival in Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts on July 29, 2011. Does anyone know? Is it necessary to rent a car?

Thanks (in advance)!

3 replies to this topic
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
15,792 posts
33 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Getting from Montreal to St. Agathe en Feux Festival 2011
Save

You could take the 747 airport bus to downtown Montreal and then take the Galland bus to Ste Agathe. The Galland website is never correct so you do need to call ahead. But this option does involve a walk of at least 20 mins to the lake site.

Where are you staying, as that makes a difference on the walk you might have.

To be totally honest I would rent a car and drive the 75 mins it takes, the bus option is long, not that cheap and once in Ste Agathe you will not find getting about easy without a car. It is a small town with no transit system.

Anything else you need to know just ask, I am there a few times a week.

Edited: 10 years ago
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
57 reviews
94 helpful votes
2. Re: Getting from Montreal to St. Agathe en Feux Festival 2011
Save

Yes not transit in town and it is not always evident to get around. Also, hopefully, you are not whishing to get back to Montreal the same night as this will be impossible unless you rent a car. Beside the Galland buses there is also the Transport Intermunicipal des Laurentides that cost less hand has more departures but it is quite convoluted. If interested to know about this second option then just let us know.

Montreal, Canada
1 post
3. Re: Getting from Montreal to St. Agathe en Feux Festival 2011
Save

U def need a car...ste-agathe-des-monts is about 1hr 20min driving distance (highway time at 115km/hr) from Dorval airport which is named "Montreal-Trudeau Airport" . There are many rental car dealers on site at the airport....here are a few it may help u.

Alamo Location D'Autos, Montreal - Aeroport P.E.Trudeau, Montreal - (514) 633-1222

National Location D'Autos, Montreal - Aeroport P.E.Trudeau, Montreal - (514) 636-9030

Budget Rent-A-Car Montreal - Aeroport P.E.Trudeau, Montreal

(514) 636-0052

Avis Rent-A-Car Montreal - Aeroport P.E.Trudeau, Montreal

(514) 636-1902

gooooooood luck ...see u at the show..:-)

Reply to: Getting from Montreal to St. Agathe en Feux Festival 2011
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sainte Agathe des Monts
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.