We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any sights to see from Ottawa to Tremblant?

Ontario
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Any sights to see from Ottawa to Tremblant?

We're staying 5 nights in Mont Tremblant yay! By the way, the help I received here was wonderful in making our decisions. Thanks very much!

We're driving from the Toronto area and stoping in Ottawa overnight. Anything around Mont Tremblant or on the way from Ottawa to Tremblant to see with 2 kids? Never gone that way before and wondering if there are any interesting stops on the way. Sights, culture, views...? This will determine if we head straight for Tremblant after some time in Ottawa, or leave a bit earlier and stop on the way.

Any ideas?

THANKS!!!

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any sights to see from Ottawa to Tremblant?

It's a very pretty drive, but not really much to stop for.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any sights to see from Ottawa to Tremblant?

When you turn north at Montebello, about a km or so on your left is Omega Park.

I highly recommend you buy a bag of carrots at the gate and drive through the park.

An abundance of animals will approach your car and it's really fun for the kids. A lot better than some of the other drive through animal experiences I've been to.

Also, I recommend you take the car ferry at Cumberland rather than crossing the border in Ottawa. It's $8.00, cuts the drive time down and is pretty cool!

Chateau Montebello is also really cool. It's one of the largest wood structures in the world and of course the famous octagonal fireplace is something to see.

If you go for the sunday brunch, you can stay and use the facilities.

Have a great time!

RG

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any sights to see from Ottawa to Tremblant?

I just drove that route again yesterday. It is only 2 hours and I didn't stop this time, but agree with hendrix9 that Omega and Montebello are worth time, though I wouldn't try to do both on your way. With 2 kids, Omega Park and just driving straight through would get my vote.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any sights to see from Ottawa to Tremblant?

Montebello is really the hub of what you can see, just before arriving to the village you can go to the Chateau Montebello and visit the grounds and interiors, next door, you don't have to change parking, is the historical Papineau Manor and the Parc Omegs is just a mile after you turn left to go to Tremblant. All three can be visited in the same day without problems.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any sights to see from Ottawa to Tremblant?

I was going to mention Omega however right now there is a mess of construction around there and it is detoured for the rest of the summer until October.

And yes take a very large bag of carrots if you drive through there.

Ontario
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any sights to see from Ottawa to Tremblant?

Thanks everyone!!! I'll look into these possibilities. Parc Omega sounds like it would be a hit with the kiddies!

Thanks again- so looking forward to it!

Ontario
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any sights to see from Ottawa to Tremblant?

I'd just like to thank everyone for their input and suggestions once again! We went from Ottawa to Mont-Tremblant and stopped at Omega Park and crossed in Cumberland on the car ferry. It was fantastic and the kids loved both!!! The car ferry was such a fun experience we did it on the way back too!

We had a fantastic time in Tremblant as well. Thanks again everyone!!!!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any sights to see from Ottawa to Tremblant?

Thanks for the report, hope that you will be back soon!

9. Re: Any sights to see from Ottawa to Tremblant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2010, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Mont Tremblant