We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski in / Ski out from the Marriott Residence Inn?

Boston...
2 posts
Save Topic
Ski in / Ski out from the Marriott Residence Inn?

We are traveling to Mont Tremblant from Boston for the first time next week (February 20-27) and have a 10 yr. old son. I read in a traveler review of the Marriott Residence Inn that some of the rooms on the first floor have a porch facing the back of the hotel which are ski in / ski out. Is this true? I see that there is also a gondola and have noticed some visitor-posted pictures of the gondola lines, which look quite long. Any tips / advice from those who know the resort would be much appreciated.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,607 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski in / Ski out from the Marriott Residence Inn?

Some rooms have true ski in depending on the snow coverage. But honestly you are a two minute walk down hill to the cabriolet lift, can't ski to there no matter what as the road is blocked to protect pedestrians from flying skiers. You can easily ski down to the Marriot from the bottom of the runs.

This year the gondola lines have been pretty good compared to previous years. But once I am on the hill I never use the gondola. From the top there are so many other choices and I don't have to mess around taking my skis on and off and being sardined in a telecabine with 7 strangers. So use the gondola to get you to the top and then check out the wait times board at the summit. I love the expo chair on the north side and the versant soleil.

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski in / Ski out from the Marriott Residence Inn?

That is so very helpful; thank you! We've been out at Big Sky / Moonlight Basin in Montana for the past several years, and although Mont Tremblant looks absolutely lovely, we've been spoiled by the non-existant lift lines out there.

3. Re: Ski in / Ski out from the Marriott Residence Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 05:22