We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Boots as carry on lugggage - Air Canada

Which Mont Tremblant hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ski Boots as carry on lugggage - Air Canada

Hi All

Flying from UK to Montreal and was wondering if there are any issues with taking ski boots on as hand luggage as long as they meet the measured / weight restrictions advised?

Many thanks

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,850 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Boots as carry on lugggage - Air Canada

Never tried it, I usually put them in my suitcase as I have more important things to carry on that I cannot afford for them to lose.I suggest calling air canada.

This is the best I could find on their website. aircanada.com/en/…-ski

You can rent great stuff here you know.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
137 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Boots as carry on lugggage - Air Canada

Just returned from tremblant and both myself and partner carried our ski boots on in bags as hand luggage with air canada both ways no problem.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
3,966 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski Boots as carry on lugggage - Air Canada

Ditto for me. Have done it several times; no problem. I don't mind renting skis, but much prefer my own boots for fit and comfort.

Manchester
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski Boots as carry on lugggage - Air Canada

We carried them on as hand luggage on the way home. Going out they let us check them in free of charge, but on the way home they wanted to charge us for an extra bag.

5. Re: Ski Boots as carry on lugggage - Air Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:41